Firehouse Grill

twoshort

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

What's the scoop on this? Are they taking out the underground storage tanks? What's going in?

[i did a search, but couldn't find a thread with anything recent on this. Redirect me if appropriate.]

I don't feel like searching either, but didn't someone say it's going to be a Sheldon Dry Cleaners? (Which should do wonders for what looks like a nice neighborhood dry cleaner accross the street)

Edit: I stand corrected, but I did get my info from GRDad's May 22nd post. So I wasn't completely making stuff up.

They are currently taking the building down as we speak.

Yeah, and there's a bunch of black 50 gal. drums caution taped off and maked with a label that says something to the effect of "Holding for analysis" or something..

Was that an old gas station or somethign that they need to check the ground?

... (Which should do wonders for what looks like a nice neighborhood dry cleaner accross the street) ...

There's already a Sheldon cleaners 2 blocks down Wealthy and a Cooper's cleaners in the building across from Greenridge Realty.

Apparently Gaslight can support 3 dry-cleaners, though I have wonder how.

There's already a Sheldon cleaners 2 blocks down Wealthy and a Cooper's cleaners in the building across from Greenridge Realty.

Apparently Gaslight can support 3 dry-cleaners, though I have wonder how.

I thought Sheldon was moving from their current location.

I thought Sheldon was moving from their current location.

They are.

I was replying the post that theorized the arrival of Sheldon would destroy Uptown Cleaners (which is in the D&W strip mall) by pointing out there's already a Sheldon in Gaslight Village and this is just a relo.

The 3 dry-cleaners in Gaslight are: Uptown, Coopers and Sheldon.

Sorry to confuse.

Yeah, and there's a bunch of black 50 gal. drums caution taped off and maked with a label that says something to the effect of "Holding for analysis" or something..

Was that an old gas station or somethign that they need to check the ground?

Yes, I walked by those drums yesterday on my way to pick up dinner at the restuarant next door. Very reasuring isn't it? Still the existing building was poorly situated on the site with that drive in front of it, and the entire parking lot (Rite Aid included) was in bad shape. Hopefully the new design will do a better job at holding the corner.

• 4 weeks later...

Looked like some footings being poured today. As far as I could tell during my brief drive by it had the same setback :(

"Who walks to the dry cleaner with a big bag full of clothes?" commissioner Kim Hughes said. "I have a really tough time thinking we shouldn't allow it [the drive up service] because it's just a logical thing to me."

It's sad, isnt it? :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

"Who walks to the dry cleaner with a big bag full of clothes?" commissioner Kim Hughes said. "I have a really tough time thinking we shouldn't allow it [the drive up service] because it's just a logical thing to me."

It's sad, isnt it? :cry:

The Firehouse Grille building was originally a gas station, a Texaco station I think, and across the street where the 5/3 Bank Drive up is there was a Standard Oil station. So going back to the 60s that was a car-centric area. Joan and Co. was a remodel of the existing Texaco station, and I don't remember them pulling the storage tanks out at that time.

You'd have thought a dry cleaner would've wanted to open in the Jade Pig development, to give the new residents of the condo tower an onsite service.

Seems like the Sheldon people coulda recycled that one, it set up perfectly for a drive-up drop off zone and was the right size for that use. .

Always bothered me that there was 0 greenspace around that when it was firehouse. Not even planters etc... I think that woulda made it more inviting.....

They seemed busy for a long time, and were one of 2 or 3 viable Roses "alternatives" in a community with few options and plenty of customers

Archived