Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gviller

Fuddruckers near Vanderbilt.

Can anyone tell me what is going on with the Fuddruckers near Vanderbilt. Is it closed, being redeveloped. If anyone has a contact name and number I would appreciate it.

I am from out of town but I heard that the site might be available.

Thanks.

I have eaten at that Fuddruckers, I sure hate to see it go. They make some mean burgers. The closest Fuddruckers to me is in Dalton Ga. Next time I

Is Salathai still open? I ask this everytime this Fuddruckers question is asked. Its one of my fav. places as many know, so I like to keep aware of its status. If the new 2020 West End is built I'm sure its only a matter of time till it gets the axe.

Is Salathai still open? I ask this everytime this Fuddruckers question is asked. Its one of my fav. places as many know, so I like to keep aware of its status.

As far as I know it is still open. I drive by there on a regular basis.

There are no other Fuddruckers up in Nashville area at this time. Although, two are being built ... one in Franklin and Hendersonville at Sumner Point.

There are no other Fuddruckers up in Nashville area at this time. Although, two are being built ... one in Franklin and Hendersonville at Sumner Point.

Franklin and Murfreesboro are the two areas of Nashville that I frequent. I

Once anyone has news of the new fudrucker grand openeings let me know. I will be the first in line. That was my favorite place to eat. Does anyone have any info on the new ones?

So far, I'm not impressed with this development. I think it's too small, and that it would be a mistake to not inlcude at least 30 or so residential units. The parcel is large and prominent enough that any construction there could be something pretty big and interesting. For me, the best-case scenario would mean leveling all the fast food restaurants on the block, and building a well-designed mixed-use project that respects the architecture of the cathedral across the street. I used to live a block from here, and this block always bothered me.

So far, I'm not impressed with this development. I think it's too small, and that it would be a mistake to not inlcude at least 30 or so residential units. The parcel is large and prominent enough that any construction there could be something pretty big and interesting. For me, the best-case scenario would mean leveling all the fast food restaurants on the block, and building a well-designed mixed-use project that respects the architecture of the cathedral across the street. I used to live a block from here, and this block always bothered me.

I agree 100%. They could do a whole lot more on that property. Its such a prominent corner that is high dollar. Just to have a small retail development on it looks to be a waste.

Looks like there will be a TGI Fridays there and a bank. Haven't heard any other tenants. I agree, the person developing it doesn't know what they are doing. Baker Storey is doing the leasing.

There used to be one next to Harding Mall. I'm guessing that is long gone, though.

Yep it bit the dust several years back. I believe there is an ihop in that location now.

D'oh...I should have remembered that. I rarely go by that intersection. I usually use the one at Edmonson and Nolensville.

Yeah its kind of out of the way unless your going up nolensville. By the way have they torn down Harding mall yet? It seems like I remember reading something about it being replaced by a Walmart? I find that a weird place to put a Walmart since there is another one just 5 minutes further down nolensville road. I spose that one isn't a super-gigantic-enormous Walmart though.

Never mind I just found a site that said is it has been torn down and the new Walmart is under construction and should be opening in summer 2006. Ah....another Walmart. Down here in Atlanta they have a law that doesn't allow any Walmarts within the perimeter (the circle formed around the central city by an interstate kinda like 440), I think I like that idea.

This project seems to be getting off the ground now, but I am not a fan of what is going to happen on this block. From the Tennessean this morning. We needed more density and a larger building to take this valuable real estate rather than a one story shopping center. These guys are absolutly out of touch with the market in that area of town.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...T0301/612180327

sure appears that way... so did I read 26,000 sf??? I don't see how the price for the land (??) could justify a one story building. Of course the absolutely terrible Tennessean gave scant details. Seems like I recall seeing some (alleged) site plan for this corner a while back. Are you guys sure this isn't just a 3-4 story parking garage with retail wrapped around it? It just doesn't seem to make sense. Even if this is a camouflaged garage, I still think it's not the best use for this property. Oh well, they're the "developers".

Well, not every lot can be a 20 story condo tower. Background buildings like these are essential for a vibrant urban area. However, I hope this relates to the street well. It would also be nice if it had some residential units on top or something. If this really is just four shops and a parking lot then I agree, it is a poor use of this land.

Well, not every lot can be a 20 story condo tower. Background buildings like these are essential for a vibrant urban area. However, I hope this relates to the street well. It would also be nice if it had some residential units on top or something. If this really is just four shops and a parking lot then I agree, it is a poor use of this land.