Fuddruckers near Vanderbilt.

Gviller

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far, I'm not impressed with this development. I think it's too small, and that it would be a mistake to not inlcude at least 30 or so residential units. The parcel is large and prominent enough that any construction there could be something pretty big and interesting. For me, the best-case scenario would mean leveling all the fast food restaurants on the block, and building a well-designed mixed-use project that respects the architecture of the cathedral across the street. I used to live a block from here, and this block always bothered me.

So far, I'm not impressed with this development. I think it's too small, and that it would be a mistake to not inlcude at least 30 or so residential units. The parcel is large and prominent enough that any construction there could be something pretty big and interesting. For me, the best-case scenario would mean leveling all the fast food restaurants on the block, and building a well-designed mixed-use project that respects the architecture of the cathedral across the street. I used to live a block from here, and this block always bothered me.

I agree 100%. They could do a whole lot more on that property. Its such a prominent corner that is high dollar. Just to have a small retail development on it looks to be a waste.

Yeah its kind of out of the way unless your going up nolensville. By the way have they torn down Harding mall yet? It seems like I remember reading something about it being replaced by a Walmart? I find that a weird place to put a Walmart since there is another one just 5 minutes further down nolensville road. I spose that one isn't a super-gigantic-enormous Walmart though.

Never mind I just found a site that said is it has been torn down and the new Walmart is under construction and should be opening in summer 2006. Ah....another Walmart. Down here in Atlanta they have a law that doesn't allow any Walmarts within the perimeter (the circle formed around the central city by an interstate kinda like 440), I think I like that idea.

• 1 year later...

This project seems to be getting off the ground now, but I am not a fan of what is going to happen on this block. From the Tennessean this morning. We needed more density and a larger building to take this valuable real estate rather than a one story shopping center. These guys are absolutly out of touch with the market in that area of town.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...T0301/612180327

sure appears that way... so did I read 26,000 sf??? I don't see how the price for the land (??) could justify a one story building. Of course the absolutely terrible Tennessean gave scant details. Seems like I recall seeing some (alleged) site plan for this corner a while back. Are you guys sure this isn't just a 3-4 story parking garage with retail wrapped around it? It just doesn't seem to make sense. Even if this is a camouflaged garage, I still think it's not the best use for this property. Oh well, they're the "developers".

Well, not every lot can be a 20 story condo tower. Background buildings like these are essential for a vibrant urban area. However, I hope this relates to the street well. It would also be nice if it had some residential units on top or something. If this really is just four shops and a parking lot then I agree, it is a poor use of this land.

Well, not every lot can be a 20 story condo tower. Background buildings like these are essential for a vibrant urban area. However, I hope this relates to the street well. It would also be nice if it had some residential units on top or something. If this really is just four shops and a parking lot then I agree, it is a poor use of this land.

Archived