Proposed Rail System for Doha

mcheiss

I've heard now that Doha is planning a rail sytem. The Public Works Authority (Ashghal) has conducted a study on having a local rail network mainly for goods transport.

The proposed network would link Abu Samra to the new airport in Doha and the sea port via the Industrial Area.

The rail link would be 84.8 kms long from Abu Samra to the Industrial Area.

From the Industrial Area to the New Doha International Airport, the length of the network would be 16 kms.

There is also a study conducted on a rail link between the Industrial City and Messaieed Industrial City and the network would cover a distance of 35.2 kms.

The railway network, if set up, would be used to transport goods between these centres, curtailing the use of trucks and their nuisance on the busy city roads.

There are in all some 165 towers planned in the area.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong forum mate :D

I always mess up a topic :P .

I would like to get a Qatar forum going. I'd also like to subforum some of the Dubai developments since there are literally hundreds of projects worth discussing.

The problem is is that there's not much support in the Middle east. All the big middle-eastern forumers have left.

I always mess up a topic :P .

I would like to get a Qatar forum going. I'd also like to subforum some of the Dubai developments since there are literally hundreds of projects worth discussing.

The problem is is that there's not much support in the Middle east. All the big middle-eastern forumers have left.

Some areas just seem to have a hard time getting much momentum here on UP. I guess this part of the world might not be the most popular for some people unfortunately.

Archived