Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

History of this West End building?

Anyone know the history of this building? It currently houses Rock & Ropes and The Fieldhouse sales office, but have never heard the history. It's "Alamo" style facade is rather unique for Greenville. Anyone know?

CIMG3363.jpg

Anybody gone in the sales center for the Fieldhouse? It's in the basement of this building. They did a nice job! :thumbsup:

Ok, this isn't in the West End, but I was wondering about the history. It's on North Main, next to Academy St.

The building looks all old and stuff- so I was wondering if there were any history behind it? This is not THAT vital of a place downtown, because who'd want to walk up that hill to get to the action of downtown? So, it's presence is fine by me, but it kind of looks like an old house...

Anyway, I was just wondering if yall knew any info on it? :)

JANUARY003.jpg

I believe that is (or was) the Municipal Court building. They planned to move recently, but I can't recall when or where.

OOOOoooooooh! I remember hearing that now, but I had no idea what it was talking about. Awesome. thanks!

I've often wondered that myself, but have always thought it would be perfect for a restaurant or Bed and Breakfast. It has some really nice trim on the exterior and I'd like to see if the interior is as beautiful. :thumbsup:

^^ I have often thought that the same thing. It would be great to see it renovated and made into a B & B or perhaps a restaurant. I wonder who owns it and what the plan to do with it.

I have always loved that house, or more precisely, what that house could be. It has had the same owner since 1976. According to the GIS website, the owner owns quite a few properties around the corner of S. Main and Augusta St. Many of which were deeded in the 50's.

I would really like to see that home become something that could be enjoyed. I think it is a beautiful piece of Greenville history.