History of this West End building?

gs3

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, this isn't in the West End, but I was wondering about the history. It's on North Main, next to Academy St.

The building looks all old and stuff- so I was wondering if there were any history behind it? This is not THAT vital of a place downtown, because who'd want to walk up that hill to get to the action of downtown? So, it's presence is fine by me, but it kind of looks like an old house...

Anyway, I was just wondering if yall knew any info on it? :)

JANUARY003.jpg

I have always loved that house, or more precisely, what that house could be. It has had the same owner since 1976. According to the GIS website, the owner owns quite a few properties around the corner of S. Main and Augusta St. Many of which were deeded in the 50's.

I would really like to see that home become something that could be enjoyed. I think it is a beautiful piece of Greenville history.

Archived