Welcome!

monsoon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Everyone.

I'm actually the moderator over the Middle East Forum as well, so I'm real excited.

I hadn't noticed that even though I've been looking around there too.

Please let me know of anything that you would like to see (topics pinned, etc.) in the Arkansas forum or subforum.

I wouldn't mind having the Welcome topic or something similar to what we had in the Arkansas forum pinned to the top. I don't know whether it would be fitting in the northwest Arkansas subforum but I'd wouldn't mind having a bit of a coffeeshop type topic or subforum here also. I guess I mention it here because I think Matt and I would be the most likely ones to participate. I get the feeling that many of the others on the Arkansas forum wouldn't be as interested. Just a thought.

I can pin a welcome topic if that's what you want.

Do you like the Light Rail Topic up there? I thought that this was a very big urban project that everyone who enters the subforum should see.

An idea's on a coffeehouse topic? I've got a name for one: NWA Skybar.

Interesting name. I guess I'm also thinking of a way to keep discussions seperate of just let it flow from one area to the next. I don't know if I have anything at the moment to start one off on. But I have wanted to mention things not necessarily related to Arkansas on here. I wasn't sure if we had enough people to really have much of one going. But I thought it would be interesting that having to necessarily going to other forums in other states or other sections of UP.

By the way I haven't looked real closely but I thought I still saw one northwest Arkansas topic in the main Arkansas forum. But it looks like most of them are over here now.

All topics related to NWA are now in the NWA Subforum.

Way to go Matt. I did think of a subject I considered before but didn't know whether I should try starting up. I was interested of a topic on drinks. It wouldn't have to be just alcoholic drinks. I wouldn't mind discussing coffee, tea or any other nonalcoholic drinks too. But I wouldn't mind mentioning alcoholic drinks also. But I feel that some of the Arkansas forumers might feel somewhat strongly on alcoholic drinks and I wasn't sure whether it could be a bothersome topic to some. I respect other's people decision on not drinking alcohol. My parents don't drink at all. But I do and I don't think anyone should be looked down upon by others as long as they drink responsibly. Maybe I'm over-reacting but having grown up in a state that's predominately Baptists sometimes alcohol can be a volatile issue.

A topic on drinks would be a good start to a Coffehouse Thread. I myself drink and wouldn't mind discussing this issue with others.

Any ideas on a name for the thread? Tea Room, The Outhouse, NWA Skybar?

I don't know about talking about drinks in a topic called the outhouse. :shok: Doesn't sound very appealing. NWA Skybar fits well. But like I said before I'd also like to discuss other nonalcoholic drinks too.

I don't know about talking about drinks in a topic called the outhouse. :shok: Doesn't sound very appealing. NWA Skybar fits well. But like I said before I'd also like to discuss other nonalcoholic drinks too.

I'm talking about a general topic that would relate to offtopic topics. Not just drinks, but everything. This would deal with social issues, etc.

NWA Skybar, Tea Room, The Outhouse.

The Outhouse sounded good for me since it kind of tells the area about the rich ozark history, but they might portray negative images of our area.

I'm talking about a general topic that would relate to offtopic topics. Not just drinks, but everything. This would deal with social issues, etc.

NWA Skybar, Tea Room, The Outhouse.

The Outhouse sounded good for me since it kind of tells the area about the rich ozark history, but they might portray negative images of our area.

I see, I was wondering why you'd pick 'the outhouse' for a topic on drinks. :lol: I'm still wondering if this could be problematic when trying to discuss several different topics around the same time. But starting another subforum seems a bit over the top just for it. Do you think maybe trying to have a few main topics dealing with several types of discussions might work better? Maybe like one for social issues, one for other less important discussions like drinks and so on?

But starting another subforum seems a bit over the top just for it. Do you think maybe trying to have a few main topics dealing with several types of discussions might work better?

I wasn't talking about a subforum, but just a topic. Something that would have a name, you know like some of the other forums around here.

I wasn't talking about a subforum, but just a topic. Something that would have a name, you know like some of the other forums around here.

Do you think just having one topic for several discussions will get a bit confusing? Maybe I haven't looked around enough in some of the other states forums. I tend to stick to a few. If you wanted to try just one that's fine. I was wondering if it would get confusing especially as people came in on it a bit later and the subject was jumping around to widely different topics. I guess we could always try something out and see how it works and take it from there.

You know how we post :rofl:

So something like NWA Skybar to discuss the alchol issues or Arkansas Skybar.

I guess I'd go more for NWA and for it to be in the NWA subforum. I'm not so sure many others, especially outside our area would participate. I get the impression even if they drink most overall want to stick to more development talk and not the other aspects that we might also prefer. Since I had to go watch the season finale of Rome maybe I'll have to think about seeing what tv shows some of us like to watch also.