Welcome!

monsoon

Hmmm...got kicked off last night for some reason. Maybe they were having problems on here. Anyway not sure if I'll get a chance to be back on later today. Going to be a bit busy for me, after work I also have to get packed and leave sometime. I don't look forward to today's traffic out on the roads today. But anyway everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving. I should be back near the end of the weekend, hopefully with some pics down there.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at what Wal-Mart gives out in Scholarship money and through the Good Works Program.

And look at what they did for victims of hurricane Katrina.

The night of 8/29, only a few hours after the storm,(and 3-4 days before FEMA even got to N.O.)Wal-Mart opened up its doors to Jefferson Parish Officials.

WM allowed them to come in and get whatever supplies they needed, for the evacuees in shelters. This action most definately saved many lives. And Wal-Mart continued to do great things after Katrina. At one point, they brought a truck filled with water bottles and food into Jefferson Parish, to displace to the shelters, but they were turned away by FEMA.

I have a much greater respect for Wal-Mart after Katrina. They started helping to keep people alive around New Orleans, days before FEMA came.

Edited by NCB

I certainly won't say there aren't any negative aspects to Wal-mart. But I just don't see them as the 'evil empire' that so many people seem to. I realize I'm probably somewhat biased because I live in northwest Arkansas. But I don't feel I'm overly pro Wal-mart either. To be honest I rarely even shop there. But I don't have any problems with them building any new stores or such. I don't usually buy in large amounts so I prefer to go to somewhere where I can get in and out more quickly than any of the large busy supercenters.

Sorry :whistling: .

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything. I do know you have other responsibilities too. I guess I'd gotten used to you always posting all the new info. Now that you have other areas to work on here on UP I just figured it was time for me to try to pick up some slack and try to do more over here since you have other forums to work on too. :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining or anything. I do know you have other responsibilities too. I guess I'd gotten used to you always posting all the new info. Now that you have other areas to work on here on UP I just figured it was time for me to try to pick up some slack and try to do more over here since you have other forums to work on too. :D

Don't worry.

Give me about a month or two at the most and I should be back to my regular posting abilities over here.

Don't worry.

Give me about a month or two at the most and I should be back to my regular posting abilities over here.

Well it will be great to have you over here more, but I also shouldn't make you do all the work either posting new info and such. I've gotten a bit out of touch in not trying to find new info and posting on here. I just figured I should try to do a little more and not make you have to do it all when you have other things to do on UP also.

Well it will be great to have you over here more, but I also shouldn't make you do all the work either posting new info and such. I've gotten a bit out of touch in not trying to find new info and posting on here. I just figured I should try to do a little more and not make you have to do it all when you have other things to do on UP also.

Here's a way I find the majority of my news info.

Go to NWA News Website and check the Northwest Sections, Benton County Section, and the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

Also, go to arkansasbusiness.com and check their tabs on development.

Searching Google News works also works on major developments.

Here's a way I find the majority of my news info.

Go to NWA News Website and check the Northwest Sections, Benton County Section, and the Arkansas Democrat Gazette.

Also, go to arkansasbusiness.com and check their tabs on development.

Searching Google News works also works on major developments.

Yeah I guess I just got a bit lazy because you seeme to beat me to it by the time I got off work. Sometimes though I guess some of the places I check out are just slow at times though. There's not always something going on all the time.