Welcome!

monsoon

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Mith, I saw where your post count per day has risen to 17.2!!

Congrats, that's one of the highest in the forum.

Yeah I have been busier than usual lately. Of course I've been trying to check out things over in the Dubai forum too. I've been surprised just how fast the Arkansas forum seems to be going up lately.

• 3 weeks later...

Please let me know of anything that you would like to see (topics pinned, etc.) in the Arkansas forum or subforum.

I think it would be good to subdivide the subform even further.

In the NWA subforum, we need the following subforums.

Transportation: All topics about highways, busses, lightrail and XNA can go here.

Parks & Recreation: All topics about sports teams, parklands, improvements to trails, etc can go here.

Food, Culture and Entertainment: All topics about theater, art galleries and Restaurants could go in here.

NWA in Pictures: All photography could go in this subforum.

Subforums for development in each major city: A Fayetteville Subforum, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, one for Smaller Cities, and one or Rural

I think if you provided these subforums that every topic could go into a category. Everything else you could have a forum for Miscellaneous.

I think that would help keep relevant threads together and make the board much easier to navigate.

Edited by DickSonstreetDFW

Those are good points and I do imagine it can be hard navigating through what we have here. My biggest concern is do we have enough people to support that many subforums? Sometimes subforums create a dropoff because some people just don't bother checking them all out. Whereas they might see a topic that catches their eye when it's in with the rest of them. Anyway we'll let Matt see where he wants to go from this point.

I think it would be good to subdivide the subform even further.

In the NWA subforum, we need the following subforums.

Transportation: All topics about highways, busses, lightrail and XNA can go here.

Parks & Recreation: All topics about sports teams, parklands, improvements to trails, etc can go here.

Food, Culture and Entertainment: All topics about theater, art galleries and Restaurants could go in here.

NWA in Pictures: All photography could go in this subforum.

Subforums for development in each major city: A Fayetteville Subforum, Springdale, Rogers, Bentonville, one for Smaller Cities, and one or Rural

I think if you provided these subforums that every topic could go into a category. Everything else you could have a forum for Miscellaneous.

I think that would help keep relevant threads together and make the board much easier to navigate.

As much as I would like to see that, there simply isn't enough forumers to have that many subforums for NWA. I'm not even sure I would like to see that many subofurms. We really only have 4 or 5 regular posters in NWA.

I think one of the biggest things is getting people to stay. We sometimes have some people post quite a bit but then a couple of months later you never see them again. We can sometimes get people's attention but keeping them here is another thing. But hopefully as time goes on we'll have more going on and more to attract people too. I even posted a link to the NWA forum on the Fayetteville 2025 forum. But there isn't exactly a lot of people over there.

I for one have found everyone here to be extremely knowledgable about NWA and Arkansas in general and I'm hooked. It's exhausting trying to stay updated with all the developments and growth in NWA but now I don't have to browse through dozens of Web Favorites and local newspapers to stay ahead of the game. As long as I have internet access I'll be here every day... at least when my 18 mo. old son let's me. :)

I for one have found everyone here to be extremely knowledgable about NWA and Arkansas in general and I'm hooked. It's exhausting trying to stay updated with all the developments and growth in NWA but now I don't have to browse through dozens of Web Favorites and local newspapers to stay ahead of the game. As long as I have internet access I'll be here every day... at least when my 18 mo. old son let's me. :)

Awesome, I'm glad that we have a few more regulars around here. When the NWA subforum was created, it was just me and Mith basically talking to each other with a few posters posting here and there, but it's great that we can get more opinions and ideas from other forumers.