Your Favorite US City Skyline

jctim

What city in the US do you think has the best Skyline? Post your opinions and pics. I for one am torn between Chicago and New York. Both have awesome views and skyscrapers although I loved NY pre-9/11. Hopefully when the Freedom Tower is completed it will look just as good as it once did if not better.

Chicago

chiday0pj.th.jpg

New York

nypic2nf.th.jpg

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a Boston native living in Durham, NC, so I've made the drive between the two places several times. I can never choose which is my favorite skyline. Naturally NYC has the most impressive, but I always slow down to enjoy views of Baltimore, Richmond, and New Haven.

Of course I'm partial to Minneapolis becuase it's so modern and symmetrical.. and I"m from Minnesota.

But my favorites are Seattle and New York. Pittsburgh also has a nice skyline with the rivers merging together right down town. (I think they're two rivers, right?)

Of course I'm partial to Minneapolis becuase it's so modern and symmetrical.. and I"m from Minnesota.

But my favorites are Seattle and New York. Pittsburgh also has a nice skyline with the rivers merging together right down town. (I think they're two rivers, right?)

Two rivers merge together to form a third.

rivers-pittsburgh.jpgaerialsmall.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Boston native living in Durham, NC, so I've made the drive between the two places several times. I can never choose which is my favorite skyline. Naturally NYC has the most impressive, but I always slow down to enjoy views of Baltimore, Richmond, and New Haven.

For its size ...Richmond's skyline can't be beat

Atlanta has a unique skyline depending on which side of town you are in and whether you are including the separate skylines of Sandy Springs and Smyrna...

Seattle has an awesome skyline, Miami's skyline is awesome from Key Biscayne Nathional Park on a clear day. Minneapolis has a nice skyline as well.

For a small city (~155,000) Chattanooga has a beautiful skyline with mountains and rivers as a backdrop.

downtown.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely LOVE Charlotte's skyline! I don't know what it is about it, but I love it. :D

Jacksonville has an interesting skyline, although it's rather weak. The one building that stands out to me is the Modis tower....the one with the sloping base.

Minneapolis also has a nice skyline. But in terms of backdrops, Cincinnati's is absolutely gorgeous. All in all, Cincinnati is a beautiful place with all the hills, greenery and the river.

Chicago for the individual buildings and the 'layout' of the skyline. It makes the most sense of the major skylines of the world.

Los Angeles for the backdrop and sheer rise in height, no small

skyscrapers around. It's like three story buildings then BAM, 40+ story buildings. No steps up to the tall buildings.

New York for the mass which is Midtown. The Financial District is very impressive as well.

I don't want to sound sick, but I think NYC looks better sans the Twin Towers. They were not good looking buildings in the least.

Archived