Your Favorite US City Skyline

jctim

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many nice skylines in the U.S. to choose from.

Of course NYC and Chicago are a cut above the rest.

But also very impressive Skylines that come to mind are: Houston, Philly, L.A., San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Seattle.

Then Dallas, Miami, Boston, Atlanta, Denver and Pittsburgh should be next-in-line!

Of the citi'es I have lived in, Charlotte's is the best. Columbus, and Cleveland both have nice skylines, but they aren't building any new highrises that I know of. Columbus is building a 22 floor midrise condo tower, but nothing w/ any significant height to it.

You can't beat the skylines of NYC or Chicago, but Toronto comes close, and I love Miami's. I also love Seatle's, Houston's, Atlanta's, and San Diego's (not much height, but I love the architecture).

Here are some pix of the cities, I have lived in.

Columbus, OH

429831865_1402ab57f8_o.jpg

429831882_75d3e8a84d_o.jpg

Cleveland, OH

429828381_1a59e99ce7_o.jpg

Charlotte, NC

429826385_9149e21599_o.jpg

429826374_f946e759db_o.jpg

Of tier one skylines (Chicago and NY are in a class of their own):

Atlanta - I'm not being a booster but the buidings are so varied and architecturally pleasing.

Dallas

Seatle

Houston

Tier two:

Charlotte - Moving toward tier one in the next few years.

Nashville - Replacing Charlotte soon as top of tier two.

Richmond

Louisville

Indianapolis

• 2 weeks later...

^^some great pictures of Charlotte, I have never been there but the skyline seems to flow seemlessly. I also thought Cleveland was overrated city skyline, the only time it was impressive was from Brown's Stadium and then again from Jacobs Field. I wish the buildings were a little more unique and not so dated.

^^some great pictures of Charlotte, I have never been there but the skyline seems to flow seemlessly. I also thought Cleveland was overrated city skyline, the only time it was impressive was from Brown's Stadium and then again from Jacobs Field. I wish the buildings were a little more unique and not so dated.

In regards to Cleveland, remember, the city is still losing population, so and there are some pretty high vacancies in the downtown area, so they don't have the need to build any new skyscrapers. They are doing a lot of new things downtown, and hopefully the new Lakefront Plan will help w/ getting more people to move there. I do know you won't see me move back, I can't stand all the lake effect snow. It is so bad up there that you could go through a 3/4 mile stretch w/out seeing a single flake, then come into a band and easily have 2' of that stuff. No way do I want to deal w/ that anymore.

• 3 months later...

St. Louis

It may not be the tallest, due to the Arch height limit, and the nearby Clayton business district. But I think it is one of the most interesting. This unusual computer desktop view from a Central West End highrise stretches from the Fox Theater and, what is locally known as the "Superman" building, in the Arts District on the left, to the Thomas Eagleton building on the right.

528956738_9954397a1d_b.jpg

• 9 months later...

Archived