With no stadium deal, Marlins to explore move

bobliocatt

The Charlotte Marlins??? Yeah right...

Yeah, that name isn't quite catchy, but there is another name that is. The Carolina Marlins. Keep in mind, big game fishing is big in NC and SC. Several charter tours make a great deal of money in the harbors around Charleston, Wilmington, Myrtle Beach, and Cape Hatteras.

The city named their football team for both states, so a very strong possibility to do that for this MLB team could happen. However, I think they need to stay where they are! -_-

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The Marlins will probley move to San Antonio!

Cracker Jack Stadium in Orlando just needs to move the fence back for a MLB team and also probley add a Roof to make it a dome because of Hurricanes!

Miami would probley get back a expansion team then in the future!

Tampa Bay wants a NBA team some teams might be available like the Magic but they would probley move to Kansas City,Seattle and Portand!

If an NFL team comes to Orlando it could play at UCF Knight's current home or in the new home! An NHL and another WNBA team could play at TD Waterhouse Centre! MLS team could play a any where here!

NFL in Orlando would solve CBS problem in picking which team to show here the Miami or Jacksonville if they are on at the same time1 Sun Sports could carrythe MLB and NHL games! The Florida Panthers were going to have their AHL team here in Orlando but nothing happened!

Orlando has the Transportation in place or needed like highways,tollroads,trains,major Airport and so on in place,Attractions,lots of places to sleep/eat and shop! Facts about Orlando the Magic have been to the finals 2 years in a row but lost both years,the Predators have won the Arena Bowl Championship! The Solar Bears won the Turner Cup Championship the last year of the International League!

The Marlins will probley move to San Antonio!

Cracker Jack Stadium in Orlando just needs to move the fence back for a MLB team and also probley add a Roof to make it a dome because of Hurricanes!

Miami would probley get back a expansion team then in the future!

Tampa Bay wants a NBA team some teams might be available like the Magic but they would probley move to Kansas City,Seattle and Portand!

If an NFL team comes to Orlando it could play at UCF Knight's current home or in the new home! An NHL and another WNBA team could play at TD Waterhouse Centre! MLS team could play a any where here!

NFL in Orlando would solve CBS problem in picking which team to show here the Miami or Jacksonville if they are on at the same time1 Sun Sports could carrythe MLB and NHL games! The Florida Panthers were going to have their AHL team here in Orlando but nothing happened!

Orlando has the Transportation in place or needed like highways,tollroads,trains,major Airport and so on in place,Attractions,lots of places to sleep/eat and shop! Facts about Orlando the Magic have been to the finals 2 years in a row but lost both years,the Predators have won the Arena Bowl Championship! The Solar Bears won the Turner Cup Championship the last year of the International League!

What the heck are you talking about?

What the heck are you talking about?

Ah, disregard that last post. Very zealous but lots of inconsistencies; UCF's new stadium will never hold an NFL crowd-- too small. THe Magic went to the Finals vs. Houston; and that was once...

Anyway, what is the latest on the Marlins? I luv 'em and would hate to see this state lose a team like that.

Ah, disregard that last post. Very zealous but lots of inconsistencies but I was just giving the facts about Orlando Sports! UCF's new stadium will never hold an NFL crowd-- too small but it hasen't been built yet and could still have changes made to the plan. The Magic went to the Finals vs. Houston; and that was once... but they again played Houston the next year in the finals and lost again!

Anyway, what is the latest on the Marlins? I luv 'em and would hate to see this state lose a team like that.

Florida needs more Sports Teams!

Ive always noticed people at Marlin games were rooting for the other team, especially if it was any MLB team from the midwest or northeast. Surely, you see more met fans than marlin fans at the Marlin games, thats a safe bet.

I wouldnt mind seeing the Marlins moving into Charlotte. This is a Carolina person talking though :P

As near as I can tell, Loria is some kind of MLB hatchet-man. He bought the Expos, and when the taxpayers wouldn't give him a new stadium, he destroyed the team, sold them to MLB and guaranteed their relocation to DC. The same situation seems to be unfolding in South Florida. From reading this articles, it's easy to conclude that MLB has given up on South Florida and Loria is merely enforcing an outcome of moving the team somewhere that MLB finds more desirable. If that does indeed happen, surely the Devil Rays would be next on the hit list...

I really doubt MLB will ever give up on the South Florida market. If the Marlins move there will be another team in place within 5 years.

In the paper the other day, there was serious talk of the Marlins relocating to San Antonio. I know that the market isn't very big, but I went to San Antonio last year and it was great! I went during the NBA playoffs and the locals just went absolutely nuts over the Spurs. Nice town too, lots of tourism to help out..plus the area is growing. I think it would be a good move, or possibly charlotte.. Orlando is out of the question, and besides, another team will eventually make it's way to Miami.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Well as an Orlando Resident. I am a bit partial to having The Marlins coming here. Disney's land is actually in Kissimee. And all the rest of the land is in Lake Buena Vista. They have no presence in Orlando. And The Devil Rays Are Actaully In St. Pete At Tropicana Field. So the distance thing wouldn't matter. And good ol' Buddy Dyer just got all the money he wanted to renovate the Citrus Center as well as build a new Magic Area. So the Magic are not going anywhere. They are even paying for close to a third of the center if I am not mistaken. And Orlando is def a threat to Miami one of the fastest Growing cities. With high high rises still being approved to bring in further business to the Downtown Area which in long term brings a great potential to our already 2 million residents in the metro and surrounding areas. So it could be more true than you think.

Well as an Orlando Resident. I am a bit partial to having The Marlins coming here. Disney's land is actually in Kissimee. And all the rest of the land is in Lake Buena Vista. They have no presence in Orlando. And The Devil Rays Are Actaully In St. Pete At Tropicana Field. So the distance thing wouldn't matter. And good ol' Buddy Dyer just got all the money he wanted to renovate the Citrus Center as well as build a new Magic Area. So the Magic are not going anywhere. They are even paying for close to a third of the center if I am not mistaken. And Orlando is def a threat to Miami one of the fastest Growing cities. With high high rises still being approved to bring in further business to the Downtown Area which in long term brings a great potential to our already 2 million residents in the metro and surrounding areas. So it could be more true than you think.

sorry but as a former resident of Miami and currently living in Orlando it is no threat......not even close.

Miami is on a different level and theme parks do not make a world class city....Orlando is a mediocre city on many levels still and has a long way to go.

• 4 weeks later...
sorry but as a former resident of Miami and currently living in Orlando it is no threat......not even close.

Miami is on a different level and theme parks do not make a world class city....Orlando is a mediocre city on many levels still and has a long way to go.

^^^

That's really the key, I believe. Can there be enough corporate sponsorship to boost season ticket sales to support a MLB team for 81 home games each year in Orlando? Possibly (and I'd really like to see it, myself); however, I rather suspect those same corporations would find it easier to digest supporting 8 NFL home games, but that's another debate entirely.

Archived