dubai skyline

evan d

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to get off topic here. Matt I know you have family in the region. Do you ever go visit over there, and if so how often?

I've been to Dubai twice in my life. I'm not really familiar with Dubai, but I love going there. I think I'm gong to go to Dubai again this year, but not sure.

Thanks for the support in here Mith, I really appreciate it :)

I've been to Dubai twice in my life. I'm not really familiar with Dubai, but I love going there. I think I'm gong to go to Dubai again this year, but not sure.

Thanks for the support in here Mith, I really appreciate it :)

No problem, I'm not phobic about the Middle East like some people. I take an interest in many places and cultures. As I stated before in another topic I really like traditional architecture in the region. Many of the mosques I've seen are very beautiful buildings even if I'm not of the Muslim faith. But back to the subject. Matt you have to get a digital camera before you go back to Dubai. I'd really like to see some more pics of the city or that region for that matter.

hey, those are really nice photos of dubai. this city intrigues me with all the forward momentum in building and progressive architecture. i hope one day i can visit... perhaps have a cup of tea with the king while watching a tennis match. i saw the king in an interview, and as far as monarchs go - he's wicked cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic pictures!

Those last pictures of the skyline of the fog are amazing!

I really like the last photo you posted mcheiss, but they all look great!

Thanks NCB!!

It's along Sheikh Zayed Rd, which is the main road of development in Dubai.

Really has quite a canyon effect, but it's only going to get higher and more dense.

Those really are great pics, it's looks so surreal. Thanks for posting them Malec, tell Krazy thanks and hopefully he or she will start coming over here too to participate.

Yes, we need more posters!!

Here's a thought I had, maybe Matt or Malec should get a few of the better pics and post a few in the Pic of the Day topic over in the Pics Forum of UP. It could get more people over here at least to take a look. Matt and Malec have been doing all the work so I figured one of them or both should be the ones to decide what to post.

Here's a thought I had, maybe Matt or Malec should get a few of the better pics and post a few in the Pic of the Day topic over in the Pics Forum of UP. It could get more people over here at least to take a look. Matt and Malec have been doing all the work so I figured one of them or both should be the ones to decide what to post.

That's a good idea. I'll post a few of the world's tallest and some real true High-rises being formed.

Heck, I could even show the Shoreline Masterplan, and they would all be in awe.

Thanks for the great idea Mith!!

Great idea, Mith!

mcheiss or malec, you should definately post the picture showing all of the maritime developments and shoreline developments. Malec posted that to answer my question on "The World" I was amazed when I saw that picture.

Jesus, what the hell do they actually do in all those buildings? Seriously, imagine the money that must be flowing into that city....

It seems like they're really trying to put Dubai on the world map alright. It's hard to imagin everything that's going on over there.

(Okay insert pun about putting the world map in Dubai :lol: )

Archived