Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Since most of my photos deal with northwest Arkansas and I take so many photos I thought I'd start up a pic topic like this, here in this subforum. What better way to start than a pic of a Razorback. I haven't posted a smaller size of this pic that I usually do for these types of pic topics. It was taken a few nights ago when they lit up the Square as they do at this time of year with lights.

fn107et.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work Mith!!

This will be a good topic for everyone to see the true nature of NWA.

Most of my pics are Fayetteville related anyway. It might have to wait till after the holidays but I'd also like to get some shots in other areas of northwest Arkansas.

^we've had a few white christmas's in the past years or so.

It's usually around 40F or so, and usually it's either freezing rain or ice. We had on ice storm is recent memory about 5 years ago that was around 3 inches of ice, we've also had around 6 inches.

So not very often, but we do get winter weather every now and then around Christmas.

Thanks for the info mcheiss.

I was just wondering because when I'm up with my family in SW Arkansas for Christmas, it always seems to be snowing or sleeting, and I was guessing there would be even more snow, sleet, and cold temperatures in NW Arkansas.

^They live about 60 miles west of Texarkana, about 16 miles from the Texas border, and 6 miles from the Oklahoma. There's never really heavy snow or sleet(other than that horrible ice storn a few years ago) but theres a nice steady amount falling. Though it's just as hot as it is in SE Louisiana up there during the summer.

Here lately it doesn't seem like we get much snow anymore. Certainly nothing compared to what the area used to get back in the 'good ol days'. You'd also be surprised that there is a very large difference between Washington and Benton Counties. Most Benton County cities receive twice as much snow as Fayetteville does, even though they are relatively close to each other. I saw something on the news recently on it. I think Fayetteville has been averaging 6" while most Benton County cities seem to average 12-13" a year.

Speaking of which, did anyone else see any snow here in northwest Arkansas today? I'm not sure how widespread it was but we had some flurries for a while here in Fayetteville. Of course it was nothing to accumulate even if the ground wasn't too warm. Pretty ironic considering how warm other areas of the state are.

Haven't been doing well posting in this topic. Thought I'd post this since it's come up in conversation on one of the other topics recently. The west part of the parking deck at the university where some of the new amenities will soon be located.

fa023wh.jpg

Haven't been doing well posting in this topic. Thought I'd post this since it's come up in conversation on one of the other topics recently. The west part of the parking deck at the university where some of the new amenities will soon be located.

fa023wh.jpg

Well, I didn't know it looked that nice. That is a beautiful parking garage.

Well, I didn't know it looked that nice. That is a beautiful parking garage.

I'm pretty sure I took and posted several pics that I posted in my Pics of Fayetteville topic. This part of it is what caught my eye. I was driving down California looking if I could easily see where the old Clinton house was when some glass and metal caught my attention out of the corner of my eye. So I turned back around and saw this end of the parking deck. Since I was there I also decided to see if I could get any good shots of Fayetteville and the foliage at the time. I was pleasantly surprised that that I could get some pretty nice shots from there.

Here's a pic of a new building in Rogers. I think Matt said it was going to be a bank. I also think he said he particularly liked it so I thought I'd make it pic of the day over here.

rg019td.jpg

Awesome Mith!!!

The Bank is the headquarters of Parkway Bank, which should be moving in soon.

Awesome Mith!!!

The Bank is the headquarters of Parkway Bank, which should be moving in soon.

I had a feeling you might provide that info for me. :D I know there are so many new banks popping up. Do you remember if this is one of the ones that's being started by some of the Arvest people that left to form a new bank?

Archived