Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How old is the courthouse?

It kind of reminds me of some of the buildings in Eureka Springs.

It wasn't as old as I thought it might be. Seems like I saw something saying it was built around 1900-1905. I thought it might be more into the 1800's like some of the other buildings around here.

^I was guessing it was from the late mid-late 1800's.

But that really is a great looking building.

I could be wrong. I do kow I thought the same thing also. But I could sworn I saw something saying it was built around 1900-1905. I think it stuck out because I was a bit surprised because I thought it was going to be more like the late 1880's like some other buildings around the city.

I can't help but think that you guys phrase questions and sentences certain ways just so you can post more :P . It's very inefficient.

I suppose I could have guess at what Nate meant. Or simply try to give several different answers and figure one of them would fit his question. But I don't sit here thinking of ways to get more posts. We do mention it a bit I know but I really could care less how many I have. But maybe we are simply used to more of a instant messenger type responses. That and some of us have broadband. So we can respond rather quickly. :lol: But I do think when you don't have to wait very long you're a bit more likely to make smaller posts in general. I also know that a number of us like Matt, Natt and I also have been posting a lot over in the Dubai forum.

Just a random question,

How many older, more historic buildings do you guys have in Fayetteville compared to more modern buildings?

Okay now that I know you mean the downtown area I can answer your question. I think overall Fayetteville has done a good job. Of course I guess it does look bad since they recently tore down the old Mountain Inn not too long ago. I'd say overall I think there are more older buildings than new ones. Still a number of buildings left from the 1880's to the 1920's. Although I admit there are a few from the 20's to 40's have been remodeled and are a bit hard to recognize as being buildings from that time period. One thing I like about the Square is that there are a number of different styles and buildings representing many eras. I've taken a number of pics and have them posted in the Pics of Fayetteville topic. Although I admit if you're having problems with your internet there are a lot of pics to load up and it may be a big pain. Maybe I can start posting some more of them in the this topic if that helps any.

Archived