Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like what the U of A has done to that intersection, it looks nice.

It was part of the Dickson St improvement plan a few years ago. They redid the street from university to College Ave, put in new sidewalks, brick crosswalks, new old fashioned style lampposts and such.

Any other streets in Fayetteville that have giant Razorbacks on them?

No just right there. Speaking of the Dickson Street Improvement Plan I wish while they were going to all that trouble they would have done just a little more. Go ahead and did things like put all the powerlines underground. I would have also liked to see all of Dickson St paved in brick. Right now it's just red brick at crosswalks and tan bricks at intersections.

No just right there. Speaking of the Dickson Street Improvement Plan I wish while they were going to all that trouble they would have done just a little more. Go ahead and did things like put all the powerlines underground. I would have also liked to see all of Dickson St paved in brick. Right now it's just red brick at crosswalks and tan bricks at intersections.

Powerlines should be underground, because above ground they make us look like we are a few years behind.

Powerlines should be underground, because above ground they make us look like we are a few years behind.

I guess I'm not too worried about that I would just prefer them to be underground. You wouldn't believe even out in very scenic places out west how powerlines seem to always be in the way of a nice shot.

I guess I'm not too worried about that I would just prefer them to be underground. You wouldn't believe even out in very scenic places out west how powerlines seem to always be in the way of a nice shot.

There's several places I would like to see Powerlines Underground in NWA, especially near the Walmart HQ in Bentonville, because it really does make the area look like it's 5 years behind the rest of the world.

One thing about having powerlines above ground in major cities, is that it also can be a sore thumb in the skyline.

You can see the powerlines and large electrical tower in the center of this picture of the New Orleans skyline in 1962.

6202347fo.jpg

^If cities still had powerlines criss-crossing through their skylines, and electrical towers sticking up everywhere, many skylines would look less desirable in some ways, IMO.

^Very nice!

What kind of shutter speed and aperature did you use to take that shot, Rod?

Let me see, I think I still have that shot on the camera. I should be able to check and get all the details from it. I'll edit this post and post it when I get the chance. Actually looks like I already deleted it from my camera. Well I do know I was playing around a lot with the settings on the M setting on the dial. I think I had it up to F8.0 to help get that dark look and had the shutter somewhat fast. It wasn't really quite this dark looking when I took the pic.

Thanks for reminding me Matt, I need to get down there sometime and see if I can see much going on with the former Bank of America Building. Or maybe they're still there for a little longer. I can't remember now. The way it's worded it just makes it sound like they're adding on, not doing any major renovation to the building. That whole block will basically be under construction soon.

Thanks for reminding me Matt, I need to get down there sometime and see if I can see much going on with the former Bank of America Building. Or maybe they're still there for a little longer. I can't remember now. The way it's worded it just makes it sound like they're adding on, not doing any major renovation to the building. That whole block will basically be under construction soon.

What else is being constructed?

I know the Renaissance Project and the Bank of America Building, but I'm not sure about the rest.

What else is being constructed?

I know the Renaissance Project and the Bank of America Building, but I'm not sure about the rest.

That makes up most of that block. The only other things I can think of are the few restaurants over on Center St; Hoffbrau, A Taste of Thai, and Petra. But the Renaissance Tower will take up a lot of space on that block.

Archived