Restaurants Columbia Should Have

sonofaque86

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a cold stone off of Forest Drive and another one out in Lexington SC

Where is Cold Stone? I know Cola has at least 2 Marble Slabs. Maybe 3. There is a pretty good place over at Woodhill that serves ice cream that I am thinking is a MS. Might be wrong though.

ate at the new Birds on a Wire in Main St today. It is located in the Meridian Building. Food and service were both excellent.

I don't think it's too far-fetched to say that one could be coming to Columbia soon. But there's nothing really special about the restaurant IMO, except for the cheesecake.

really? i think the cheesecake is what isn't special about it...their whole menu is good to me, but their cheesecake isnt anything all that......boy me and krazee sure are some opposites lol

• 4 weeks later...

I moved here a year ago from Orlando, FL and can say that the small time cheap local restaurants are better here than in the big cities, and I'd like to keep them. Great Chinese here, who would've thought? Little Mexico has a great lunch buffet, and the menu is different frmo all the others. The one restaurant I really want is

SONNY'S BARBEQUE

Way better than maurices, would shut them down probably. I ate there once, it wasn't very good (I don't like mustard based sauce) and it made me sick. I was in the bathroom for hours! Sonn's also has the mustard sauce, and three red sauces. I think there are a few in SC, but not here. There are tons in SC and FL. I think we'll see them soon.

I lived for 9 years in San Francisco, a city known for restaurants. Many of my favorites there were the local ones. I hope that Columbia gets more unique restaurants. I remember years ago, on a visit to Cola, my niece took me to an Indian restaurant out in St. Andrews area that had really superb food. Lots of places llike that can give a city a lot of interest and variety in dining. I do like to see some of the better chain restaurants as well. I would love to see a Cheesecake Factory.

As far as Middle Eastern food is concerned I would rank Al Amir number one, Eli's a close number 2 and Mediterranean Tea Room a close number 3. Al Amir is not an Indian restaurant as earlier stated, it is a Middle Eastern restaurant. India Pavilion is the Indian restaurant in Five Points. While neither Middle Eastern nor Indian, I would highly recommend Baan Sawaan, IMO the best Thai restaurant in town. It is located on Devine Street in Five Points. Boy am I hungry now!

Hello all! I just joined :yahoo: , but I've been reader for a while. I would really like to see Columbia get a P. F. Changs, Houstons, Grand Lux Cafe, and definatley a Sonny's.

Welcome, CK. If you like PF Changs I think you would like Miyo's and M Cafe (same owners). There are 4 around town, I think.

Welcome, CK. If you like PF Changs I think you would like Miyo's and M Cafe (same owners). There are 4 around town, I think.

Yeah, I love Miyo's and M Cafe'. I actually eat there about once a week. I have eaten at many of the great locally owned restaraunts, but IMO they should advertise more. Many people who visit, have relocated to, and some that are even natives of Columbia don't know about the great eating locations here. Places like P.F. Changs are nationally known, and tend to be synonymous with popular cities, so when people see them they usually direct there attention there. By adding more advertisement for our great local places, more people will be drawn to them to discover what they have to offer. I think the Village would benefit from a Miyo's or M Cafe. :thumbsup: Some other spots that I enjoy are: Motor Supply Co., Pasta Fresca, Myers BBQ, Birds on a Wire, Tiffany's, Meritage (when it was open...please come back!), Travinia, and many others. And it must be said that I love Carrabbas! (Yeah its a chain, but its a great one)! :shades:

Archived