Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters, Hard Rock Cafe, Bennigan's, Rainforest Cafe, White Castle, Popeye's, Legal Seafoods, Joe's American Grille, Sheetz Gas Stations, thats for the restaurants......now as for the Stores........Publix, H&M, A/X, Gucci, Prada, Christian Dior, French Connection, BCBG, Salvatore Ferragamo, Carolina Herrera, Saks, Sisley/Benneton, Jimmy Choo, Barney's of New York, Diesel, Discovery Channel Store......PHEW....., Emporio Armani, D&G, Versace, Juicy Couture, Cavalli, Bloomingdale's, Virgin Mega Store, Sony Style, Club Monaco, IKEA, Crate & Barrel(has been announced), some of these are unlikely but you never know!

I have just four words (or possibly two):

In-N-Out Burger.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I'm not a chain guy, but give me an In-N-Out burger and fries any day. Not only is the food great, they also treat their employees with respect, give great benefits, use only local beef (never frozen crap) and cut a whole potoato in front of you when making your fries. Excellent junk food!

Koo Koo Roo would be OK as well.

I second all the calls for an Ikea. I moved here from NYC and there is an Ikea right across the river in New Jersey. My friends and I frequented this place often given the prices and cool designs. Ikea is very popular with the college/post college crowd so I could one going in between downtown and UNCC area.

Also, we are getting a J McLaughlin in Eastover (on Providence). This too was a store I enjoyed in NYC. It's a very Hampton-ish clothing store. Charleston got one a few years ago and it did so well they are bring it here. There is a "It's coming" sign on Providence Rd. near the old Manhattan Bagel resteraunt.

My last suggestion of new retail is an H&M clothing store. These stores have taken off like wild fire and all the rage in the town they are in. Given the great prices and the stylish clothes, I can't see it not doing well here.

In-and-Out Burger is the best! Charlotte defeintely lacks good fast food. I'm not talking about the regular chains like Burger King, McDonalds, etc. but the smaller chains that tend to have the better food. I would like to see In-and-Out Burger, more Steak and Shake, Tico Taco, Sonics, and Johnny Rockets.

In-and-Out Burger is the best! Charlotte defeintely lacks good fast food. I'm not talking about the regular chains like Burger King, McDonalds, etc. but the smaller chains that tend to have the better food. I would like to see In-and-Out Burger, more Steak and Shake, Tico Taco, Sonics, and Johnny Rockets.

I'd advocate less chain stores and more restaurants and unique stores. That would help Charlotte lose the strip mall feel it can have. I'm west indian and I'd really love some good West Indian restaurants and shops -- places I can buy a roti or oxtails. More Mom & Pop local spanish restaurants would be nice too - especially in the uptown area. It would give the working people more food alternatives. And more pizza shops too. As far as chains go, are there Chipolte's and those types of places?

As far as chains go, are there Chipolte's and those types of places?

I think Qdoba, Moe's, and Salsaritas are similar to Chipolte's. Assembly-line burritos, quesadillas, and that sort of thing. Salsaritas is actually a chain based here in Charlotte, I think. Somebody correct me if that's a lie.

A couple of Golden Crusts would be nice. Of course the mom & pop west indian food spots are better but Golden Crust can be really good depending on who owns the franchise.

There is a Golden Krust on Harris Blvd in the University Area in the newer part of the Promenade shopping center. Also, on Tryon (also in university) there is a place called Caribbean Hut that serves oxtail and curried goat, among other things. ()

I knew about the Caribbean hut and I've eaten there before. I had a nice chat with the guy that owns the place about the quality of the food. It really is pretty decent and the vibe in the place is cool. But I didn't know they opened a Golden Krust on Harris. Cool. Too bad its not close to my house. What is it about that area that seems to have drawn the caribbean crowd? A lot west indians I know that have relocated to Charlotte seem to head straight to the University area. It really is full of transplanted northeasterners.

Archived