Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're currently remodeling the AA space. I spoke to the owner of Niche (at the corner of Camden and S Tryon) and he said he heard they would be open in Jan or Feb. It's going to be a huge store for them, so I'm a bit nervous, but I hope they do well.

I hope they do great as well. The Camden corridor has so much potential to become an awesome artsy/funky/walkable district with Wilmore getting so hot. Charlotte needs more neighborhoods like this so badly! Hopefully the AA store will be a harbinger of great things to come!

Rumor is that a former J&W student is opening up a bakery in the former Just Fresh spot in Gateway.

Haha, did that place close already? I was forced to go there to lunch once, and I told the individual that coercered me into going there that place wasn't going to last.

We do need more local bakeries that actually make their own dough. I think Nova qualifies for that, but most bakeries in CLT, including all the grocery stores, just buy frozen already risen dough and that is why it never really tastes that good even though you are paying premium prices for it.

Rumor is that a former J&W student is opening up a bakery in the former Just Fresh spot in Gateway.

Not a rumor. The full-service bakery should be open by mid-January. They will offer lunch (sandwiches and the like) and desserts during the dinner hour. I am really excited about the latter. It has always amazed me that in a city the size of Charlotte, there are no dessert-only places to be found. Doesn't everybody crave a good slice of cake at 11 PM, or am I the only one?! Raleigh, Winston, Columbia, Charleston, Asheville...all have "desserteries". We don't have squat.

Doesn't everybody crave a good slice of cake at 11 PM, or am I the only one?! Raleigh, Winston, Columbia, Charleston, Asheville...all have "desserteries". We don't have squat.

Haha. You are not the only one! My husband and I often go to HT and get cake from the deli area because we don't have any other option!

This is good news and it seems logical to have NC be there next move after VA. I hope one of these guys doing all of these new urban projects can lure H&M to one of thier developments as I feel H&M will be a big destination store. IT would be cool to see them add to the momentum going on in SouthEnd with a store on Camden or S. Tryon. With them, American Apparel, Niche, and Black Sheep (and all of the bars and music clubs) we could have quite the hip clothing strip down there. Perhaps the Blvd. people can make something happen.

Rumor mill is that H&M is looking at Charlotte for the "right" site.

Hopefully it will be a Men's and Women's store. I wouldn't be suprised if they locate somewhere around Southpark mall (I don't think there is much room left in the mall - Neiman Marcus wing?)

Personally I would like to see it go around downtown (a central location) - Epicentre or Elizabeth Ave. would be my pick.

yeah. H&M and C&B would make a good combo out in the village area

I'm sure it would be successful in South Park, but to me it doesn't make sense for it to be there. Though it is fashion-forward, the clothes are generally very inexpensive. It would probably be the cheapest store in South Park. South End or Elizabeth would be a better fit for the store.

Archived