Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Fastfood wise CookOut is great. Cookout is already the king of fastfood in the Triad area. I enjoy the real feeling you get when you go there. Its rare to see a cookout that doesn't get alot of business. It actually taste like you just got food from a summer cookout. Often when I go on lunch and return with Cookout everyone with McDonalds or anything similar gets real intersted. For anyone who hasn't went i suggest you go. I would like to see White Castle's personally. Those small burgers are addictive. There is no comparison between Krystals (The white castle of the south) and White Castles. As far as stores I wouldn't mind seeing a Sears Grand at Concord Mills and maybe a Modells or World Footlocker. This is all I could think of since everyone has said most of the same things I would like to see in Charlotte.

Fastfood wise CookOut is great. Cookout is already the king of fastfood in the Triad area. I enjoy the real feeling you get when you go there. Its rare to see a cookout that doesn't get alot of business. It actually taste like you just got food from a summer cookout. Often when I go on lunch and return with Cookout everyone with McDonalds or anything similar gets real intersted. For anyone who hasn't went i suggest you go. I would like to see White Castle's personally. Those small burgers are addictive. There is no comparison between Krystals (The white castle of the south) and White Castles. As far as stores I wouldn't mind seeing a Sears Grand at Concord Mills and maybe a Modells or World Footlocker. This is all I could think of since everyone has said most of the same things I would like to see in Charlotte.

I echo your sentiments about CookOut. Of course, I had never heard of it before I came to Greensboro... It'll eventually catch on in Charlotte.

How about a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. ? That would work well as a tourist destination uptown of some sorts. Not that many places have them, but I can see it doing very well uptown. I know what some are thinking right now... but check out the website and look at what the resturant is about and also note the locations. You might find this interesting.

How about a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. ? That would work well as a tourist destination uptown of some sorts. Not that many places have them, but I can see it doing very well uptown. I know what some are thinking right now... but check out the website and look at what the resturant is about and also note the locations. You might find this interesting.

If there was one near the lake instead of uptown that would work well also IMHO.

A great addition to Charlotte: The Container Store for all your storage and organizational needs. Will proabbly be a few more years before they locate in Charlotte. The expand deliberately and purposefully.
I would love that. The Container Store is a wonderful place to shop.

I wouldn't see any reason why Container Store wouldn't open up in Charlotte now. A Southpark location would have nearly as large of a market as the Perimeter or Buckhead locations in Atlanta. Plus they aren't that large of a store & can be quite handy (of course with IKEA being closer to where I live, I don't go to Container Store anymore).

Regarding restaurants - how about shooting for something more unique & out of the ordinary? Like Trader Vic's just for a thought? In many cases they locate within hotels such as Hiltons, but they can be quite a riot.

I wouldn't see any reason why Container Store wouldn't open up in Charlotte now. A Southpark location would have nearly as large of a market as the Perimeter or Buckhead locations in Atlanta. Plus they aren't that large of a store & can be quite handy (of course with IKEA being closer to where I live, I don't go to Container Store anymore).
They're filling in the major metros right now, but I can see them coming soon, maybe in a couple years.

They're filling in the major metros right now, but I can see them coming soon, maybe in a couple years.

They just opened at 58th and Lexington in NYC. The next opening is scheduled in the Fall of 2006 in Century City (LA).

My understanding, from employees of The Container Store here in Boston, is they eventaully plan on having five stores in the area. There are two open now. One in Newton and one in Natick (Metro West).

I can fully imagine them moving into Charlotte within three to five years.

Archived