Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting article on the Shanghaist on Zara. Zara has now surpassed H&M to become Europe's largest clothing store.

Zara: Making H&M look like Target

Creating a middle ground between the Qipu Lu market and the pricey brands of neighboring Plaza 66, Spanish retailer Zara opened its first Shanghai store last month on the ever fashionable Nanjing Xi Lu. By "middle ground" we mean that Zara patrons pretend they came over from Plaza 66 but dig through the racks like shoppers at Qipu Lu.

Zara is the flagship chain store for the Spanish Inditex Group, headquartered in A Coru

TWO THINGS CHARLOTTE BADLY NEEDS:

PUBLIX---some competition for Harris Teeters, and the best damn service and quality in the grocery world!

KRYSTAL/WHITE CASTLE---ya need somewhere horribly wonderful to eat when you're drunk and the bars have let out

Please no KRYSTAL they aren't even as close to being on the same level as WHITE CASTLE.

I love Friendly's!! I used to live in Philly and they are everywhere. My favorite: The upside down clown Sundae!!! I need to go to the one in huntersville for that reason alone. They also have great clam chowder. There is also a Friendly's in Port Royal, SC the tiny town next Beaufort.

For whatever reason Krystals was never big in the Carolinas, I wasn't aware of them until I moved into Atlanta. Though they are the slum food of burger land - I do love them, as well as White Castles (which requires a trip to Nashville).

For whatever reason Krystals was never big in the Carolinas, I wasn't aware of them until I moved into Atlanta. Though they are the slum food of burger land - I do love them, as well as White Castles (which requires a trip to Nashville).

You can buy a box of little white castle cheeseburgers at some grocery stores, I think they are at HT here. They are good for what they are.

I do agree that they are the slum of burger land. haha

You can buy a box of little white castle cheeseburgers at some grocery stores, I think they are at HT here. They are good for what they are.

I do agree that they are the slum of burger land. haha

Anybody remember Hot N' Now? Now THAT was the slum of burgerland!!!

BTW, the current king of late night post-bar nastyness has got to be Jack in the Box.

Charlotte needs more Cookout.

I am still Jonesin for Whole Foods....I lived at the one in Mount Pleasant before I moved here. Its still a go for Elizabeth but I will be so excited when I see "progress"!

To be clear: Mount Pleasant,SC not NC. The bedroom community to Charleston across the Cooper heading North. Mt P is basically an uplanned Ballanytne with palm trees.

Not to get way off topic but.. I lived in Mt P. for several years and the historic Old Village on Charleston Harbor is gorgeous. The rest of it is mind numbing upscale sprawl that will swamp Awendaw and keep moving north. I also have always wondered why WF had not opened here earlier. Maybe I read it on here, I can't remember but someone told me that Whole Foods planned to open where Latta Pavillion is on East and somehow the deal went sour and after that WF wrote us off for years.

I just want to ask one question:

Where did Schlotsky's on 7th go? I went by today and it appears that they have gone under. :(

I am truly saddened. I was really looking forward to an Albaquerky turkey......

Not to mention it looks like Hooters is closed on South and Tyvola. ;)

Any ideas???

I read somewhere also where Hooters Air went busted too. I wonder if Hooters just doesn't have the talent it used to... :P

A2

I just want to ask one question:

Where did Schlotsky's on 7th go? I went by today and it appears that they have gone under. :(

I am truly saddened. I was really looking forward to an Albaquerky turkey......

A2

I went by Schlotzsky's today as well and noticed they were closed. We ended eating across the street at Showmar's. I usually eat there on Saturdays so I was sad to see it closed.

We sat at a booth at the window and noticed several people, apparently construction guys, coming & going. I can only hope they are remodling and not closing. There is plastic over the windows.

Hopefully someone else can shed light on what's up there.

An "In n Out Burgers" would be nice.

"That's a good burger" - quote from Big Lebowski. But yes, I do enjoy my California trips & eating at In n Out, another CA based burger chain - FatBurger (I think that's the right name) has expanded into the east coast with a location in Atlanta. They are very similar to In n Out & I might say I think they taste better - great shakes too.

You can never get enough of cheese burgers, I can't at least...

I went by Schlotzsky's today as well and noticed they were closed. We ended eating across the street at Showmar's. I usually eat there on Saturdays so I was sad to see it closed.

We sat at a booth at the window and noticed several people, apparently construction guys, coming & going. I can only hope they are remodling and not closing. There is plastic over the windows.

Hopefully someone else can shed light on what's up there.

I believe the sign says "Corner Cafe" or something like that. They have signs up that they are hiring, so hopefully it will open soon. I hate Schlotzsky's, so I'm excited about a new, local place.

I believe the sign says "Corner Cafe" or something like that. They have signs up that they are hiring, so hopefully it will open soon. I hate Schlotzsky's, so I'm excited about a new, local place.

Does anyone know where another Schlotsky's is at?

:)

A2

I went by there last night--it's called "Corner Place" and it says it will be a deli with a unique menu and they plan to open in mid-April. The windows were all covered so I couldn't see inside unfortunately.

Archived