Restaurants/Stores Charlotte should have

Temeteron

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree about Club Monaco!!

I mentioned a several months ago that H&M is scouting locations here. Also, you can add Zara to that list.

Also, Trader Joe's has been rumored to be talking to brokers, but I haven't heard any more in the last several months.

A few of those places Charlotte has (or maybe did have) Au Bon Pain, Champps, Johnny Rocket's and Bally's Total Fitness.

H & M clothing, Puma store, Zara's clothing, Mex clothing, Club Monaco clothing, Johnny Rocket's restaurant, Au Bon Pain restaurant, Champps sports bar, Trader Joe's, Bally's gyms

http://www.zara.com/v06/index.html

SouthPark Mall has a Puma store. To my surprise/dismay, they even sell a very small quantity of Ferrari branded merchandise (they sponsor the F1 team). A smooth-talking salesman could probably sucker me into some Schumi driving shoes with disturbingly little effort.

There's a Johnny Rocket's location in Huntersville in the Rosedale shopping center.

Bally's has locations on South Blvd., Central Ave., and Pineville.

Isn't there a Champps downtown?

I know this is random - but I didn't know there was a Friendly's in Huntersville (Rosedale)! It's the only one in NC - I'm excited - Friendly's is awesome. Hopefully they will build more.

And I think it's only a matter before we see a Club Monaco at SouthPark.

I think the downtown place is "Champs", not seemingly affiliated with the Champp's chain. It is just a random sports bar in the Marriott.

Was the restaurant at Park Road SC that is now a Quaker State formerly a Champp's? I think it was.

Was the restaurant at Park Road SC that is now a Quaker State formerly a Champp's? I think it was.

You are correct on that one (It was Champps Americana) . The franchise owner had a falling out with the corporate folks so he dropped the franchise and re-opened it as Billys (had a friend sit with the owner on a flight last year). That didn't last but a few months. I don't know if the same owner purchased a quaker steak franchise or if this is a new owner (but is on par with what he was trying with Billys).

H & M clothing, Puma store, Zara's clothing, Mex clothing, Club Monaco clothing, Johnny Rocket's restaurant, Au Bon Pain restaurant, Champps sports bar, Trader Joe's, Bally's gyms

http://www.zara.com/v06/index.html

You hit the nail on the head with almost all of those.

Except that I've never heard of Mex. But given that the others fit my style, i'd probably like it too.

FCUK

I know this is random - but I didn't know there was a Friendly's in Huntersville (Rosedale)! It's the only one in NC - I'm excited - Friendly's is awesome. Hopefully they will build more.

sorry for the duplicate post.

A2

It is funny you should mention Friendly's nyxmike.

My former boss four year ago mentioned the place since they were more prevelant up north, which is where he was from. (NYC to be specific)

I went then and have yet to go back. Maybe just because I am lazy, but the shake I had was great.

I had no idea that was the only in the state. Is there any reason why?

I would have imagined that with the success of that store they would have moved into other neighborhoods in the Metro or possibly even the Triangle or the Triad.

A2

It is funny you should mention Friendly's nyxmike.

My former boss four year ago mentioned the place since they were more prevelant up north, which is where he was from. (NYC to be specific)

I went then and have yet to go back. Maybe just because I am lazy, but the shake I had was great.

I had no idea that was the only in the state. Is there any reason why?

I would have imagined that with the success of that store they would have moved into other neighborhoods in the Metro or possibly even the Triangle or the Triad.

A2

Friendly's is a good place to bring your family. The menu isn't as fancy as other resturants but the food tends to be good. There is no reason why Friendly's wouldn't be successful in the south if the locations expanded throughout the state metros. Maybe the Huntersville store is there way of testing the water in the Charlotte market..???

We already have a few Krystal. I like White Castle better, but it's not something that makes or breaks the city, for me at least ;).

I personally would like for Charlotte to have one of those resturants in which only like 10 groups of people can dine at each night, and you are served upwards of 6 courses.

One of those conveyer belt Sushi bars would be pretty neat too.

TWO THINGS CHARLOTTE BADLY NEEDS:

PUBLIX---some competition for Harris Teeters, and the best damn service and quality in the grocery world!

KRYSTAL/WHITE CASTLE---ya need somewhere horribly wonderful to eat when you're drunk and the bars have let out

I agree we really need Publix

It's too bad Publix didn't buy Bi-Lo and Bruno's....

20publixgrow.jpg

(The Ledger)

I personally would like for Charlotte to have one of those resturants in which only like 10 groups of people can dine at each night, and you are served upwards of 6 courses.

I'm not exactly sure of the spelling but isn't that the way the McNinch House is. It's in an old Victorian House in Fourth Ward.

Archived