The Banks Love UrbanPlanet.org

monsoon

I did a quick look at our stats for the last 6 days and noticed the number of visits we are getting from our corporate friends. I've listed a few here that are of interest.

Unique Visitors, Nov 15-21

• Wachovia Corp - 207

• Bank of America - 205

• North Carolina Education & Research Network - 197

• IBM - 43

• UNCC - 38

• Social Security Administration - 31

• NCDOT - 30 :lol:

• Bi-Lo LLc - 21

• Google - 18

• Circuit City - 17

• US Department of Transportation - 14

• Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools - 13 (bond money at work)

• Wake County Public Schools - 8

• Bureau of the Census - 5

Unfortunately several of the large Charlotte employers are on secondary networks that don't show up as their own doman. However it does seem that we are popular amongst the bank employees.

The Average BofA visitor looks at 7.09 pages of UP material while they are here. For Wachovia it is 12.15. Does that mean the average Wachovia employee is a deeper person or instead is just wasting more of the company's time?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is for www.urbanplanet.org as a whole right?

That is correct.

I would think that CATS and the Observer check in here too. Maybe they're sneaking in on proxies or dynamic IPs. I know that CATS follows the Rhino Times for it's "slant" on things. :rolleyes:

Dynamic IPs and Proxies don't matter, we would still get them. The tracking is done from the browser level. However what is happening, is that a number of employers don't use registered IPs for outgoing access by their employees so what we are seeing is the provider instead. For example we had hundreds of visits from Level3.

Of course we get huge numbers from all of the residential ISPs but I didn't count any of those.

Archived