Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

Yeah I heard that. Interesting considering how warm it got today. They predicted mid to upper 50's today and unstead got close to 70. Wish I hadn't dressed so warmly for when I was out taking pics. I heard Wed high would be mid to upper 30's then Thurs high in the 20's. The highs haven't been too bad recently although Fayetteville has had some pretty cool mornings this past week. I think we made it down to 17 twice this past week.

It has been somewhat warm today, but it's going to get cold soon.

I don't mind the cold weather at all, how about you?

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been somewhat warm today, but it's going to get cold soon.

I don't mind the cold weather at all, how about you?

Nope, I'd much rather have it than the hot weather Arkansas gets in the summertime. I remember mentioning that I like northwest Arkansas because it's a bit cooler in the summertime. But Arkansawyer said it's also colder in the winter also. You can always add more clothing, but you can only take so much off. :lol:

What a swing, it was close to 70 yesterday and now it looks like the low will be around 45 degrees colder and there's a line of snow just north and west of Arkansas. Could be a little snow at least for Benton County. Now it looks like another line of snow and sleet is developing south of Fayetteville and more pronounced to the east of us.

Edited by Mith242

The Ethiopian Blend is pretty good. I believe I can taste the Harrar in it. My friend who works at Arsaga's said he thought it was pretty much the Ethiopian coffee they had before, just that they roast it themselves now. Not sure if you ever brew coffee at home Matt. If you do or ever feel like it I'd suggest a vacuum pot. I think it makes better coffee than the usual coffee machines and it's interesting to watch too. There's a Bodum Santos that's a pretty good. That's what I mainly use.

The Ethiopian Blend is pretty good. I believe I can taste the Harrar in it. My friend who works at Arsaga's said he thought it was pretty much the Ethiopian coffee they had before, just that they roast it themselves now. Not sure if you ever brew coffee at home Matt. If you do or ever feel like it I'd suggest a vacuum pot. I think it makes better coffee than the usual coffee machines and it's interesting to watch too. There's a Bodum Santos that's a pretty good. That's what I mainly use.

Vaccum Pot Eh?

Never heard of it. I'll have to look in into that.

Vaccum Pot Eh?

Never heard of it. I'll have to look in into that.

It's an interesting looking machine with two different sections. You put the coffee in the upper part and there's usually some sort of mesh or something near the bottom of it. The bottom part is where you put the water. On mine it looks a little like a coffeepot. You put the two sections together and create a seal. As you heat the water down below it forces the water to go up a cylinder and brew the coffee grounds up above. After it's heated the water for so long it turns off and the coffee infused water drops back down through the cylinder to the bottom. It can be somewhat interesting to watch. The main complaint I've heard from people is that it takes more time to clean. But it makes really nice coffee in my opinion.

I don't know about Benton County, but after seeing some bands of freezing precipitation go through on the radar I never saw anything hit the ground. I guess it all evaporated before it hit the ground.

It's an interesting looking machine with two different sections. You put the coffee in the upper part and there's usually some sort of mesh or something near the bottom of it. The bottom part is where you put the water. On mine it looks a little like a coffeepot. You put the two sections together and create a seal. As you heat the water down below it forces the water to go up a cylinder and brew the coffee grounds up above. After it's heated the water for so long it turns off and the coffee infused water drops back down through the cylinder to the bottom. It can be somewhat interesting to watch. The main complaint I've heard from people is that it takes more time to clean. But it makes really nice coffee in my opinion.

I don't know about Benton County, but after seeing some bands of freezing precipitation go through on the radar I never saw anything hit the ground. I guess it all evaporated before it hit the ground.

Now I know what your talking about. I've seen some of those on business trips.

I guess I never knew what they were called.

Are they still calling for snow on Wednesday?

Now I know what your talking about. I've seen some of those on business trips.

I guess I never knew what they were called.

Are they still calling for snow on Wednesday?

As far as I know they are but I don't think we're talking about a huge amount of snow or anything. Then again you never know I guess. I've seen quite a few times where they called for a dusting to an inch and it ended up dumping a bit. It does sound like it's going to be cold.

As far as I know they are but I don't think we're talking about a huge amount of snow or anything. Then again you never know I guess. I've seen quite a few times where they called for a dusting to an inch and it ended up dumping a bit. It does sound like it's going to be cold.

Unforutnately yes, it will be cold.

Snow is like a Grass is Greener on the Other side for Me.

I love looking at it, but I hate to drive in it and shovel it.

Unforutnately yes, it will be cold.

Snow is like a Grass is Greener on the Other side for Me.

I love looking at it, but I hate to drive in it and shovel it.

Yeah I know what you mean. I think a number of people are that way. I want to see some and look forward to it. But then when you have to drive through it to get to work and such then you stop looking forward to it for a while.

What about tea, anyone a tea drinker? I would imagine around this area most people drink some black tea. Probably the usual southern way sweetened and iced. While I do like black tea I've become a big green tea drinker in the last couple of years. It seems green tea is healthier somewhat than black tea and it also has less caffeine in it. You usually have to look for Japanese or Chinese teas to get green. Since most other areas have black to cater to the English and some of the colonies. But other areas are starting to get on board as more people hear about the health benefits. Anyone have any prefrences on tea or any favorite types or flavors for tea?

Still not seeing a lot of predictions on how much snow for Wed. KNWA mentioned a number of different models. Although some go more towards some larger amounts of snow he leaned more towards two models. One with 1-2" and another with even less. It sounds like there could be snow in the rest of Arkansas too. Could be one of those weird winter storms that dump more snow in central and southern Arkansas than up here. KHOG I guess is leaning to one of the other models. Right now they predict rain/snow mix in central and southern Arkansas. And higher amounts of snow to northwest Arkansas. Of course Benton County getting the most, around 4-6". 2-4" for Washington County.

Edited by Mith242

Still not seeing a lot of predictions on how much snow for Wed. KNWA mentioned a number of different models. Although some go more towards some larger amounts of snow he leaned more towards two models. One with 1-2" and another with even less. It sounds like there could be snow in the rest of Arkansas too. Could be one of those weird winter storms that dump more snow in central and southern Arkansas than up here. KHOG I guess is leaning to one of the other models. Right now they predict rain/snow mix in central and southern Arkansas. And higher amounts of snow to northwest Arkansas. Of course Benton County getting the most, around 4-6". 2-4" for Washington County.

Do you think it's going to snow?

I sure hope it doesn't, man I hate driving in that, not to mention shovel it.

Do you think it's going to snow?

I sure hope it doesn't, man I hate driving in that, not to mention shovel it.

I would imagine we'll get something. It seems many places are downgrading the amounts. Now it's mainly 1-3" in northwest Arkansas. KHOG has a heavier snow going both north and south of us now. But I'm beginning to think it's not going to be a major winter storm or anything.

I would imagine we'll get something. It seems many places are downgrading the amounts. Now it's mainly 1-3" in northwest Arkansas. KHOG has a heavier snow going both north and south of us now. But I'm beginning to think it's not going to be a major winter storm or anything.

Yeah, it will probably be like an inch or two.

So I guess parts of Benton County could see 3+ inches around.

Looks like a mix for Little Rock as well.

I find it weird that there are supposed to be heavier snowbelts to the north and south of us. That's seems a bit odd. I could understand one of the other both both just seems weird.

KNWA is now predicting only a dusting to 1" here in northwest Arkansas. They are predicting most of the snow will hit northeast Arkansas. So who knows what will happen. Guess we'll mainly just have to wait till tomorrow. Maybe by then most of the weathermen will be on the same page.

KNWA also noted that southern Arkansas has gotten more snow than northwest Arkansas in recent years.

Edited by Mith242

KNWA is now predicting only a dusting to 1" here in northwest Arkansas. They are predicting most of the snow will hit northeast Arkansas. So who knows what will happen. Guess we'll mainly just have to wait till tomorrow. Maybe by then most of the weathermen will be on the same page.

KNWA also noted that southern Arkansas has gotten more snow than northwest Arkansas in recent years.

5 news said 1-3 for Benton County and Trace-2 for Washington County.

5 news said 1-3 for Benton County and Trace-2 for Washington County.

I guess everyone has their own general predictions. Either way it sounds like the amount of snow if being cut back. Apparently the Weather Service out of Tulsa has cancelled our winter weather advisory because the amount of snow isn't supposed to be very much now. But I guess we'll have to see what everyone says tomorrow.

I guess everyone has their own general predictions. Either way it sounds like the amount of snow if being cut back. Apparently the Weather Service out of Tulsa has cancelled our winter weather advisory because the amount of snow isn't supposed to be very much now. But I guess we'll have to see what everyone says tomorrow.

Winter Weather is so hard to predict, especially with pressure differences, the jet streams, and humidity.

Looks like after some had cut down the amount of snow up here to a dusting to an inch it's being bumped back up to 1-2". That seems to be the general consensus I've seen. Although I did still see one predicting 2-4". That maybe more of a reality for Benton County. You guys just about always get more snow than us just a county away.