Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• 1 year later...

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if any of you have heard, but Branson Airport is getting Southwest air service starting this fall. Southwest recently bought out Airtran (Branson's primary provider) and will begin Servicing the Branson Area in August. Airtran has already added daily flights to Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Baltimore and Orlando with more to come.

Im sure most of you will be upset by this, but I think both NWA and Springfield should see this as a good thing. I dont know if Branson is a faster drive than Tulsa International, but I bet Southwest was going into this thinking that they will pull large numbers from NWA and Springfield being so close. This could be a really good thing for both Springfield and NWA airports or a very, very bad thing. Only time will tell.

-Please comment

Don't know if any of you have heard, but Branson Airport is getting Southwest air service starting this fall. Southwest recently bought out Airtran (Branson's primary provider) and will begin Servicing the Branson Area in August. Airtran has already added daily flights to Chicago, Houston, Atlanta, Baltimore and Orlando with more to come.

Im sure most of you will be upset by this, but I think both NWA and Springfield should see this as a good thing. I dont know if Branson is a faster drive than Tulsa International, but I bet Southwest was going into this thinking that they will pull large numbers from NWA and Springfield being so close. This could be a really good thing for both Springfield and NWA airports or a very, very bad thing. Only time will tell.

-Please comment

I find this a bit of a surprise, but with it being a private airport I guess it can do things that other airports can't. For some parts of the metro I guess a drive to Branson might be as close to Tulsa. But as far as me personally, being on the southern end of the metro. I think a drive to Tulsa is still closer. But I also figure that they have to be thinking they'll pull people from NWA or else they probably wouldn't have done this. Not sure what kind of effect this will have on XNA.