Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

Looks like we've been added back into a winter weather advisory. Looks like Little Rock could get 2-4". An area north of I-30 in southwest Arkansas could get around 5". Looks like cold temps could be a bigger factor. Looks like highs in the mid 20's tomorrow and lows in the single digits for Friday morning.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish this snow was taking place over the weekend. I'd really like to try some snow pics around the city. I've been wondering if I could get some nice snow pics from the top of the university parking deck. Even if I had to take a long walk over there. Not sure what things would look like by the time I gett off work on Thursday.

After it seemed everyone was increasing the amounts of snow at the last minute doesn't look like we got much, at least where I live in Fayetteville. I'd say we only got a quarter to half an inch. Before I went to bed it looked like most of it was to the north of us in Missouri. It was hard to judge though, I saw stuff on the radar here but everytime I looked outside I saw nothing so apparently it was evaporating before it hit the ground.

After it seemed everyone was increasing the amounts of snow at the last minute doesn't look like we got much, at least where I live in Fayetteville. I'd say we only got a quarter to half an inch. Before I went to bed it looked like most of it was to the north of us in Missouri. It was hard to judge though, I saw stuff on the radar here but everytime I looked outside I saw nothing so apparently it was evaporating before it hit the ground.

We got sleet around 10:30 and it sleeted for a while then went to some heavy flakes before dissapating to fluries. I'd say around an inch of snow and a little bit of ice.

We got sleet around 10:30 and it sleeted for a while then went to some heavy flakes before dissapating to fluries. I'd say around an inch of snow and a little bit of ice.

Sounds like you guys got more than us. After going out in it I'd say we only got a quarter inch of snow. Even though it's been well below freezing the sun has already melted it all except for what's in the shadows. I'm curious to see how cold we get tonight.

Sounds like you guys got more than us. After going out in it I'd say we only got a quarter inch of snow. Even though it's been well below freezing the sun has already melted it all except for what's in the shadows. I'm curious to see how cold we get tonight.

I think the low is suppose to be around 8 or so.

Did you guys have any traffic problems?

On my way to work I saw two accidents. I was even suprised that they didn't call school off up here.

I think the low is suppose to be around 8 or so.

Did you guys have any traffic problems?

On my way to work I saw two accidents. I was even suprised that they didn't call school off up here.

I'm sure there were some but I don't think there was anything big. We didn't get a whole lot. Of course the hills here can cause quite a few problems. They probably either temporarily shut them down or really salted and sanded them down last night.

I'm sure there were some but I don't think there was anything big. We didn't get a whole lot. Of course the hills here can cause quite a few problems. They probably either temporarily shut them down or really salted and sanded them down last night.

Our Roads weren't sanded untill about 10:00 this morning. I just thought it was too dangerous on our roads. Most of the side roads were completly iced over with about .5 inch of snow and ice.

Our Roads weren't sanded untill about 10:00 this morning. I just thought it was too dangerous on our roads. Most of the side roads were completly iced over with about .5 inch of snow and ice.

Unfortunately sideroads tend to get overlooked a lot in times like these. I guess the road crews just can't be everywhere and have to place emphasis on certain areas. I had considered trying to see if I could take some pics after work. But most of the snow is already gone. Guess I'll either just have to wait for a big snow event of hope that we get some snow over the weekend sometime.

Edited by Mith242

Okay maybe I can eventually get this back over to talking drinks again now that our snow has come and gone basically. Does anyone else drink any tea? I think that was what I was talking about before.

What about tea, anyone a tea drinker? I would imagine around this area most people drink some black tea. Probably the usual southern way sweetened and iced. While I do like black tea I've become a big green tea drinker in the last couple of years. It seems green tea is healthier somewhat than black tea and it also has less caffeine in it. You usually have to look for Japanese or Chinese teas to get green. Since most other areas have black to cater to the English and some of the colonies. But other areas are starting to get on board as more people hear about the health benefits. Anyone have any prefrences on tea or any favorite types or flavors for tea?

Just thought I'd put my original post up here so it's easier to see too.

Okay maybe I can eventually get this back over to talking drinks again now that our snow has come and gone basically. Does anyone else drink any tea? I think that was what I was talking about before.

Just thought I'd put my original post up here so it's easier to see too.

I haven't tried Green Tea yet.

I do enjoy some Middle Eastern Teas, and some of the English Teas.

I haven't tried Green Tea yet.

I do enjoy some Middle Eastern Teas, and some of the English Teas.

Oh? what kind of Middle Eastern teas are you referring to? Is there a particular style that I don't know about in that area? I know it's not the same area of the world but part of the Muslim world. But in Morocco I think they traditionally drink green tea with spearmint in it. It's actually quite good. I do know everyone has heard of Turkish coffee but ironically they drink more tea and have recently surpassed the British in being the top drinking tea nation.

It's pretty sad but we're half Little Rock's current temp right now. Granted it's easier to do when you're talking about smaller numbers but still. The rest of the state hasn't quite gotten this arctic blast like northwest Arkansas. I know it's cold there too but it's been considerably warmer in comparison.

It's pretty sad but we're half Little Rock's current temp right now. Granted it's easier to do when you're talking about smaller numbers but still. The rest of the state hasn't quite gotten this arctic blast like northwest Arkansas. I know it's cold there too but it's been considerably warmer in comparison.

My reading says it's 16 up here.