Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

If you ever want any tea info just ask, I've learned quite a bit. I should find a way to send you some samples of what I have on hand.

I don't know the names of the Middle East Teas, I usually go over to my parents home about once a month and get some. I forgot the name of it.

May'be if you name off some mid east teas I might remember it.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the names of the Middle East Teas, I usually go over to my parents home about once a month and get some. I forgot the name of it.

May'be if you name off some mid east teas I might remember it.

Would you be referring to teas from Ceylon or Sri Lanka? There's also quite a bit from India, Assam gets the most attention I think. There's also Nilgiri but it isn't as well know or liked as Assam teas. Then there's also Darjeeling teas from the higher elevations near the Himalayas. Those are the big areas near the Middle East. Although there are other teas from smaller regions that aren't heard about too much. That one thing I really like about the place I buy my tea from over the internet. They have some obscure teas I've never seen anywhere else. I'm assuming that people in the Middle east generally drink black teas? Any ideas on how else it's usually preferred, hot, unsweetened?

Would you be referring to teas from Ceylon or Sri Lanka? There's also quite a bit from India, Assam gets the most attention I think. There's also Nilgiri but it isn't as well know or liked as Assam teas. Then there's also Darjeeling teas from the higher elevations near the Himalayas. Those are the big areas near the Middle East. Although there are other teas from smaller regions that aren't heard about too much. That one thing I really like about the place I buy my tea from over the internet. They have some obscure teas I've never seen anywhere else. I'm assuming that people in the Middle east generally drink black teas? Any ideas on how else it's usually preferred, hot, unsweetened?

Yes, people drink usually only black teas that are hot. I enjoy mine sweetend. Ceylon seems to ring a bell, but I'm not sure.

It's gonna be a cold night.

Well I know what it's time for now. Single Malt Scotch time. :D That will warm you up. Since it's going to be particularly cold I'll pull out the special stuff I bought last year. Most scotches are around 40% alcohol. It's not easy to find around here but there's also stuff called cask strength scotch. I've got a cask strength Macallan that's a little over 58% alcohol. That will really warm you up on a cold night like tonight. :D

Hey guys, I just wanted to ask you something.

I talked to my cousin in Foreman, AR, and she told me that it will be around 10-12 degrees there tommorow morning, but I didn't ask about snowfall.

How has eastern Arkansas been effected by the record cold temperatures in the Midwest?

Edited by NCB

I talked to my cousin in Foreman, AR, and she told me that it will be around 10-12 degrees there tommorow morning, but I didn't ask about snowfall.

How has eastern Arkansas been effected by the record cold temperatures in the Midwest?

Can't say I know how Eastern Arkansas is going to be affected by the record cold. Here in NWA, it's suppose to be around 5 or so.

The cold is slowly moving east. This really cold weather was over by New Mexico the other day. But it may be following the way the snow went if so then it's going to start heading northeast and not just straight east. I don't think the rest of the state will be too bad compared to northwest Arkansas. It's 3 here in Fayetteville as I write this 2 at XNA and we still have a couple of hours to cool down some more. I saw it was -5 over in Bartlesville Oklahoma. Early morning weather on KNWA just said temps could go down another degree or two before sunrise. That could mean 0 at XNA.

Keeps getting colder here, it was 4 when I first got up. Then it was 3 by the time I got on and posted earlier. Now it's already 2 before I head out the door. We might hit 0 before sunrise at this rate. There are some below zero readings not too far away in Missouri and Oklahoma.

I'm trying my first ice wine tonight. I had a family member ask me over Thanksgiving if I was familiar with them. While I was I've never actually tried one before. They tend to be expensive especially considering they are a full size bottle as most wines you've seen. I tried getting one of the cheaper ones I've ever seen from New Zealand. Until I saw it I didn't even know they made them down there. Usually it's Canada and Germany. But I didn't really want to shell out a lot of money for a half bottle of wine in a style I've never had before. It's actually pretty good. It's more of a dessert wine really, rather sweet. Pretty nice stuff, glad I finally decided to try it.

I've been considering working our way over to movies and tv shows. At first I thought about mentioning favorite movies and such over on the other movie topic but thought it might be nice to add tv shows in it also and maybe better to have it in a topic like this where we can discuss other things. Any thoughts?

Anyone seen that Coke is releasing a new flavor soon? It's going to be called Coca Cola Blak. It's going to be some sort of coffee drink. Sounds like it may be some sort of coke-coffee mixture. Apparently it's the reason they decided to quite making Vanilla Coke so there would be room on the shelves for the new flavor.

Anyone seen that Coke is releasing a new flavor soon? It's going to be called Coca Cola Blak. It's going to be some sort of coffee drink. Sounds like it may be some sort of coke-coffee mixture. Apparently it's the reason they decided to quite making Vanilla Coke so there would be room on the shelves for the new flavor.

A coke Coffee mix?

Vanilla Coke always tasted like regular coke to me, so I won't be missing this. I would like to try this Coke Coffee Mix when it's released. Of course, Pepsi will counteract it with it's own version of it.

A coke Coffee mix?

Vanilla Coke always tasted like regular coke to me, so I won't be missing this. I would like to try this Coke Coffee Mix when it's released. Of course, Pepsi will counteract it with it's own version of it.

Yeah they pretty much always do. They might try something a bit different. Yeah I'm curious to see what this Coke Blak is going to be like. Like I said I'm not positive but I got the impression from one source that it will be a mixture of coke and coffee.

Yeah they pretty much always do. They might try something a bit different. Yeah I'm curious to see what this Coke Blak is going to be like. Like I said I'm not positive but I got the impression from one source that it will be a mixture of coke and coffee.

What's next, Coke and Orange Juice.

I'm sure R&D is working on it.

Has anyone tried the new Mountain Dew MDX? It's a pretty high packed energy drink, but it's about the best I have. With the exception of Amp and Doubleshot Espresso, it's the best I've had.

What's next, Coke and Orange Juice.

I'm sure R&D is working on it.

Has anyone tried the new Mountain Dew MDX? It's a pretty high packed energy drink, but it's about the best I have. With the exception of Amp and Doubleshot Espresso, it's the best I've had.

Yeah the MDX is pretty good. I have some coworkers who really love that stuff. I think the reason Coke is working on this new Coke Blak is because of the sales of Starbuck's Frappuccino. They also want to tap into this coffee trend.

Yeah the MDX is pretty good. I have some coworkers who really love that stuff. I think the reason Coke is working on this new Coke Blak is because of the sales of Starbuck's Frappuccino. They also want to tap into this coffee trend.

Frappucino is pretty good.

I don't prefer for the other energy drinks though.

I'm also waiting for coke and Pepsi to come out with their versions of energy drinks.

I've been considering working our way over to movies and tv shows. At first I thought about mentioning favorite movies and such over on the other movie topic but thought it might be nice to add tv shows in it also and maybe better to have it in a topic like this where we can discuss other things. Any thoughts?

Wanted to bump this up again in case it got lost in all the snow talk. Movies, tv shows, music? Anything in particular that anyone wants to talk about? At least we got NCB checking this topic out occasionally. :D

Since I've been drinking wine recently I though I'd ask a wine related question. Matt you said you preferred Merlot, do you prefer any particular area? Do you usually drink Californian wines, Australian, European? Just curious. A lot of the wine I drink tends to either be European or nowadays from New Zealand. Although I sometimes drink some Australian wines too.

Since I've been drinking wine recently I though I'd ask a wine related question. Matt you said you preferred Merlot, do you prefer any particular area? Do you usually drink Californian wines, Australian, European? Just curious. A lot of the wine I drink tends to either be European or nowadays from New Zealand. Although I sometimes drink some Australian wines too.

European, although I had tried some Napa Valley recently and it was quite decent.

I like some of the German wines, especially in the Pflaz region.

Really? I don't see a lot of people who really get into German wines. I've had a few from the Pfalz region but I don't see them very often. I've had a few from Rheinhessen, the region just north of Pfalz. But most of what I've had is the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. I wish I could find some from the Wurttemburg region. That's where my German heritage comes from and they actually did grow grapes and make wines over there. But I get the impression that not much wine from that region leaves the country. Where do you get your Pfalz region wine at? Maybe I need to look at some other places.

Really? I don't see a lot of people who really get into German wines. I've had a few from the Pfalz region but I don't see them very often. I've had a few from Rheinhessen, the region just north of Pfalz. But most of what I've had is the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer. I wish I could find some from the Wurttemburg region. That's where my German heritage comes from and they actually did grow grapes and make wines over there. But I get the impression that not much wine from that region leaves the country. Where do you get your Pfalz region wine at? Maybe I need to look at some other places.

I order them sometimes off Liquorama.net.