Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had to think about Ft Smith for a sec but I think the tallest they have is 9 stories. For Arkansas's second biggest city it doesn't have many tall buildings. I think Pine Bluff and Hot Springs may have buildings taller than that.

Well according to the news for the first time ever the average price of gas in Fayetteville is above $3. I would imagine it's probably pretty close to being the same every where else in the metro. This made me think though, has anyone ever noticed if gas prices vary much between NWA cities? To be honest I never really paid much attention. In the past I had thought Springdale prices always seemed a little bit cheaper than Fayetteville. But I didn't really go into a lot of effort checking prices.

Well according to the news for the first time ever the average price of gas in Fayetteville is above $3. I would imagine it's probably pretty close to being the same every where else in the metro. This made me think though, has anyone ever noticed if gas prices vary much between NWA cities? To be honest I never really paid much attention. In the past I had thought Springdale prices always seemed a little bit cheaper than Fayetteville. But I didn't really go into a lot of effort checking prices.

I should have posted this much sooner. Wanna save a buck on gas? Go to Daily Gas Station Prices for ALL Gas Stations - MSN Autos.

Wow, we're actually getting rain. Sounds like there was some storm damage this afternoon from a microburst up in areas of Benton County.

It wasn't much rain. The Mayors from all the cities are calling for scheduled "odd & even" waterings in each city to conserve water. Looks like we may be heading toward water rationing pretty soon.

Newsworthy crimes in Northwest Arkansas

July 19:

8: 19 a. m. A man at 15951 Beechnut Lane, Fayetteville, reported his trash can and trash stolen. I thought the garbage truck was supposed to do that? The trash can probably slipped!

8: 52 a. m. A woman at 621 N. Leverett Ave. reported her neighbors stealing her phone service. Now how does someone steal someone's phone service?

July 20:

11: 46 a. m. A woman on West Bel Air Drive reported a female neighbor

The cops came to my neighborhood a few weeks ago simply because a man had been driving around 7:00AM teaching his son to drive. A nosy neighbor though it was suspicious, so they called him in.

:rofl::rofl:

That is some funny stuff. The crime in your area seems similar to the crime in Champaign, IL... another nice, progressive college town. They don't have much to speak of up there and what they do have, for the most part, is nothing to really be concerned over.

That is some funny stuff. The crime in your area seems similar to the crime in Champaign, IL... another nice, progressive college town. They don't have much to speak of up there and what they do have, for the most part, is nothing to really be concerned over.

Yeah crime isn't too bad up here. That's certainly not to say that we don't have any more serious problems. But this area seems better than most of the rest of the state.

I was just covering the seemingly harmless crimes reported during a typical week in NWA. There were more serious crimes reported, like someone's barbecue grill being stolen, but I didn't think any crimes more serious were laughable. There are violent crimes in NWA, but not very often. Low crime or not the police here take their jobs very serious and there aren't any neighborhoods that are considered truly dangerous as in many other cities.

I posted this also over in the main Arkansas forum. But wanted to post it here too because this is occuring a lot in our area. Arkansas gets mentioned a couple of times in this article. It talks about how diversity is occuring in all the states. Arkansas has the largest percentage growth of Hispanics. Anyway way here's the link.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14348539/

Might as well. I'm game.

Me: underneath a coffee table... but not mine, a friend's.

I guess I'm pretty boring. The oddest thing I can think of is sleeping in the back of a truck when I was out camping. But it had a top on it so it wasn't even like I was sleeping in the open air.

I guess I'm pretty boring. The oddest thing I can think of is sleeping in the back of a truck when I was out camping. But it had a top on it so it wasn't even like I was sleeping in the open air.

:lol:

That's still a pretty odd place!

I only fell asleep underneath the coffee table because that's where they left me drunk. No one was going to touch me because I had lost all control of my body's gas cutoff valve. :D

It made it further than that. Dan Patrick on ESPN radio mentioned it this afternoon. Just what Arkansas needed to get national attention for... :D

:lol:

Sorry to laugh.... but it WAS funny!

Don't worry, though, I believe to the world you guys really do give off a sophistocated vibe. To me it's not at all what people joke about Arkansas as being like, at least in NWA and LR/NLR.

Edited by SBCmetroguy