Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

:lol:

Sorry to laugh.... but it WAS funny!

Don't worry, though, I believe to the world you guys really do give off a sophistocated vibe. To me it's not at all what people joke about Arkansas as being like, at least in NWA and LR/NLR.

I think people here are still a bit worried that there's still that stigma left over from the Beverly Hillbilly days. I do think Arkansas or at least parts of it have shedded that perception. But I think it still makes people here think about it.

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people here are still a bit worried that there's still that stigma left over from the Beverly Hillbilly days. I do think Arkansas or at least parts of it have shedded that perception. But I think it still makes people here think about it.

It figures that any national news about Arkansas is either humorous or a backwards image.

As you probably realize, I know a LOT of people from your region. Not a single one of them (half transplants and half natives) puts off a "hillbilly" vibe. They are all in the corporate world with me, and all very well-spoken and professional. And the natives and transplants alike all seem to love their Razorbacks. :)

I think most people have a hard time getting past the fact that Arkansas isn't full of a bunch of hillbillies. Unless someone actually has a family member living here, which around a million people do, then their impression of Arkansas is what they get from the news.

The funny thing is the guy who reperesented Arkansas in national media is a Hispanic which last I heard isn't exactly a hillbilly.

I've been told that the NWA Subforum is now the 9th largest city (post-wise) in the entire forum.

1. Charlotte

2. Grand Rapids

3. Greenville

4. Nashville

5. The NC Triangle

6. Orlando

7. Tallahasee

8. Norfolk

9. Northwest Arkansas

If posting continues, we should pass Norfolk within a week putting us at number 8.

I've been told that the NWA Subforum is now the 9th largest city (post-wise) in the entire forum.

1. Charlotte

2. Grand Rapids

3. Greenville

4. Nashville

5. The NC Triangle

6. Orlando

7. Tallahasee

8. Norfolk

9. Northwest Arkansas

If posting continues, we should pass Norfolk within a week putting us at number 8.

Sweet, I wasn't sure where we were on that aspect. I have heard that we have been top 5 in the number of hits. You can still see quite a few guests on at certain times of the day.

A quick congrats to Mith, who has passed the 10000 mark. It is amazing how one guy can have so much info and opinions... :D

Thanks, well I have to say many other people have a lot of info themselves. Often times by the time I get to post something it's already been mentioned. :lol: But that's great to see others participating. As far as opinions go, I really hope I'm not scaring anyone off. But sometimes I guess I try to put some opinion out there to see if I can get some responses from others. I'm sure my opinions don't match everyon else's. But hey everyone has their own opinion. I may not understand everyone's opinion but I'm sure people have their own views for good reasons. :D

Thanks, well I have to say many other people have a lot of info themselves. Often times by the time I get to post something it's already been mentioned. :lol: But that's great to see others participating. As far as opinions go, I really hope I'm not scaring anyone off. But sometimes I guess I try to put some opinion out there to see if I can get some responses from others. I'm sure my opinions don't match everyon else's. But hey everyone has their own opinion. I may not understand everyone's opinion but I'm sure people have their own views for good reasons. :D

Congrats Mr. 10,000!!! This subforum wouldn't be nearly as popular or informative without you and I'm sure everyone would agree. The contribution of your expert photography is much appreciated and your knowledge of Fayetteville and surrounding areas is very interesting. Your opinions have always been valid and fair and you've always shown respect when your opinions differed with others. I hope to be around when you hit the 20,000th post!

We've now passed the Norfolk Subforum to reach number 8.

1. Charlotte--------------------46,235

2. Grand Rapids---------------38,466

3. Greenville-------------------22,822

4. Orlando----------------------19,136

5. Nashville---------------------16,299

6. Tallahasee-------------------14,344

7. The NC Triangle-------------14,270

8. Northwest Arkansas-----13,982

9. Norfolk-----------------------13,963

Congrats Mr. 10,000!!! This subforum wouldn't be nearly as popular or informative without you and I'm sure everyone would agree. The contribution of your expert photography is much appreciated and your knowledge of Fayetteville and surrounding areas is very interesting. Your opinions have always been valid and fair and you've always shown respect when your opinions differed with others. I hope to be around when you hit the 20,000th post!

Thanks. I don't know if I want to start thinking about 20,0000. :lol:

8. Northwest Arkansas-----13,982

Sweet, congrats to everyone on the NWA forum. :D Looks like there's a couple of other that aren't too far away.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I also just noticed we've apparently passed the 14,000 mark either last night or sometime earlier today. Congrats and good work everyone. :D

Hey Mith My wife and I will be coming to Fayettevill in 3 weeks to the Alabama Arkansas game.."My wife is from Alabama" any interesting things for me to take pictures of around there? will be spending a whole day there!

Craig from Shreveport Bossier

Hey Mith My wife and I will be coming to Fayettevill in 3 weeks to the Alabama Arkansas game.."My wife is from Alabama" any interesting things for me to take pictures of around there? will be spending a whole day there!

Craig from Shreveport Bossier

Probably the two areas that most people would recommend would be Dickson St and the Square. But I suppose it also depends on what you're looking for too. The Square is a nice place to take pictures. I also know of some historic neighborhoods as well if you're interested in something like that. You might also get some ideas from some of the picture topics. Just let me know what you're looking for and I'll try to get you the info you need. I can also send you some links to some of the picture topics if you like.

I've been reading the Internet, and I've found a few interesting places that we've popped up.

Wikipedia has under Fayetteville, Arkansas a link to Urbanplanet Northwest Arkansas.

Under the Arkansas Times Blog, we're mentioned as being a website devoted to urban discussions and development. They also mention that the NWA subforum has 3 times as many posts as the Little Rock forum, but it's actually around 4. :D

A poster on Skyscraper City posted pictures of downtown Little Rock and claiming them as his own, which seems to happen a bunch.

I've been reading the Internet, and I've found a few interesting places that we've popped up.

Wikipedia has under Fayetteville, Arkansas a link to Urbanplanet Northwest Arkansas.

Under the Arkansas Times Blog, we're mentioned as being a website devoted to urban discussions and development. They also mention that the NWA subforum has 3 times as many posts as the Little Rock forum, but it's actually around 4. :D

A poster on Skyscraper City posted pictures of downtown Little Rock and claiming them as his own, which seems to happen a bunch.

Guess I hadn't noticed that. I've even seen the Wikipedia article a while back ago but I guess that's been added in. Nice to see we're getting some recognition. I haven't even heard of Skyscraper City. Can I assume you're referring that someone ripped off some of my pics. I guess I should have known it was only a matter of time before someone did it. Guess I really should have made more effort to watermark them in some way.

Edited by Mith242

Guess I hadn't noticed that. I've even seen the Wikipedia article a while back ago but I guess that's been added in. Nice to see we're getting some recognition. I haven't even heard of Skyscraper City. Can I assume you're referring that someone ripped off some of my pics. I guess I should have known it was only a matter of time before someone did it. Guess I really should have made more effort to watermark them in some way.

There not any of yours Mith, there of some Little Rock pics that mention urbanplanet in them. Although, I would recommend watermarking, incase one of those snivelling little kids finds your pics and banks of your hard work. Here's a link.

Little Rock pics

There not any of yours Mith, there of some Little Rock pics that mention urbanplanet in them. Although, I would recommend watermarking, incase one of those snivelling little kids finds your pics and banks of your hard work. Here's a link.

Little Rock pics

Yeah I should but now it would be so much work because I have so many pics posted on here.

Oh by the way maybe I should also mention I'll make you two seperate lists. One for if Alabama beats us and then one for if the Razorbacks win. :lol: Just kidding, I promise not to send you to any bad area if Alabama wins. :D

haha I don't care who wins... I may root for Arkansas just to get under my wifes skin :P ... I plan on taking lots of game photos.. I'll let you guys know if I get some good ones!

haha I don't care who wins... I may root for Arkansas just to get under my wifes skin :P ... I plan on taking lots of game photos.. I'll let you guys know if I get some good ones!

Cool, that's something I still haven't done yet. Just let us know if you need any info or have any questions. :D

Hey guys, I'm going to make a Northwest Arkansas Projects thread, (for all the major retail, office, residential, & other important developments).

I was wondering if I could get a list of Fayetteville projects?

How exactly are you wanting to do this? I'm assuming big projects, but do you want ones that are already in the construction process or any that have been mentioned?

8. Northwest Arkansas--13,982

I've got some new numbers for the forums, I'll think you'll be suprised.

1. Charlotte---------------------47,568

2. Grand Rapids----------------40,350

3. Greenville--------------------23,468

4. Orlando-----------------------19,447

5. Nashville----------------------16,697

6. Northwest Arkansas----------14,862

7. Tallahassee-------------------14,793

8. NC Triangle-------------------14,583

9. Norfolk------------------------14,201

10. Detroit-----------------------13,233