Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds cool. I bet the view would be awesome.

Yeah the only problem is that it won't be in the most particularly scenic area. A Wal-mart Supercenter is within view from that vantage point I believe and the future Malco will be too. Or maybe I should say the roof of the future Malco.

Maybe we could keep this thread going by just discussing XNA issues other than development projects.

I'm more tempted to keep this as an extreme off topic topic. We have an XNA thread that is doing fine, I'd hate to make more threads of the same stuff in the forum, it makes it too complicated.

Yeah the only problem is that it won't be in the most particularly scenic area. A Wal-mart Supercenter is within view from that vantage point I believe and the future Malco will be too. Or maybe I should say the roof of the future Malco.

They could plant really big trees to block that view just enough so the sky could be seen above the trees with maybe some spacing between trees to allow good views.

They could plant really big trees to block that view just enough so the sky could be seen above the trees with maybe some spacing between trees to allow good views.

The problem is that they will be right at the edge of the cliff and won't have any space to plant trees there. I still think it will be an interesting view even though some roofs of other buildings will be seen.

Is an odd topic for here. Researchers are trying to save the Ozark Chinquapin from extinction. Like the American Chestnut it was devastated by an imported blight but didn't didn't receive all the attention the chestnuts got. Apparently the nuts are also edible.

On another note there was an interesting article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette about New Urbanism. It was in the Northwest Arkansas section although the part of the article on the front page only talks about central Arkansas (the ADG seems good about that). But further back NWA is finally mentioned. Har-Ber Meadows in Springdale and Park West in Fayetteville were the ones mentioned for NWA.

Edited by Mith242

Is an odd topic for here. Researchers are trying to save the Ozark Chinquapin from extinction. Like the American Chestnut it was devastated by an imported blight but didn't didn't receive all the attention the chestnuts got. Apparently the nuts are also edible.

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Jack Frost nipping at your nose..."

Yeah they're edible. It's a sad thing happening to many tree species across the globe.

On another note there was an interesting article in today's Arkansas Democrat Gazette about New Urbanism. It was in the Northwest Arkansas section although the part of the article on the front page only talks about central Arkansas (the ADG seems good about that). But further back NWA is finally mentioned. Har-Ber Meadows in Springdale and Park West in Fayetteville were the ones mentioned for NWA.

It's odd that they would mention Park West when it hasn't even broke ground yet. Has it?

It's odd that they would mention Park West when it hasn't even broke ground yet. Has it?

You know I'm not sure. It may have broken ground already though. Who knows why they picked that development to talk about. Maybe they were the ones they happened to get in contact with on the phone.

"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...

Jack Frost nipping at your nose..."

Yeah they're edible. It's a sad thing happening to many tree species across the globe.

Probably because it's going to be the biggest one in NWA next to Har-Ber.

Probably because it's going to be the biggest one in NWA next to Har-Ber.

"Going to be" is key. The way things have been going I would've thought they'd mention a development already under construction. Then again I haven't heard anything mentioned about Park West breaking ground or anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay I've got an odd question. I'm curious to see if anyone has a favorite rum or one they'd recommend. I'm usually more of a Tequila/Scotch person. I've heard good things about Cruzan and bought some last year that was pretty good. Mount Gay isn't too bad either. I'm considering Ron Matusalem. It's aged with a solera system a bit like sherry. Anyway heard or tried it before?

I enjoy Captain Morgan's Parrot Bay quite a bit, but I'm not sure if that's the kind of rum you're looking for.

Yeah I am being a bit vague. To be honest I guess I'm not real sure what I'm looking for either. I'm just wanting a good quality rum. I'm not necessarily looking for the most expensive rum out there, but I guess I am looking for something probably on the higher end. I wasn't sure if I'd get much of a response so I'll probably be leaning to the Ron Matusalem. It was originally a Cuban rum but after the Cuban revolution they relocated to the Dominican Republic I believe.

Yeah I am being a bit vague. To be honest I guess I'm not real sure what I'm looking for either. I'm just wanting a good quality rum. I'm not necessarily looking for the most expensive rum out there, but I guess I am looking for something probably on the higher end. I wasn't sure if I'd get much of a response so I'll probably be leaning to the Ron Matusalem. It was originally a Cuban rum but after the Cuban revolution they relocated to the Dominican Republic I believe.

I like Captain Morgan Original Spiced or Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. I can't remember the names of the rum they gave my wife and I on our honeymoon in St Thomas, USVI. Saint Croix, USVI is renowned for their premium rums, Cruzan Single Barrel carrying the title "World's Best Rum". It's aged for 12 years.

I like Captain Morgan Original Spiced or Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. I can't remember the names of the rum they gave my wife and I on our honeymoon in St Thomas, USVI. Saint Croix, USVI is renowned for their premium rums, Cruzan Single Barrel carrying the title "World's Best Rum". It's aged for 12 years.

Yeah the Cruzan I've had is that single barrel variety. I ended up going for the Ron Matusalem Clasico. It's pretty good. Although I don't know if I'd say it's the best mixing rum. I think it's better straight.