Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have opinions on The Inn at Bella Vista or Comfort Suites in B'ville? These are my only options that aren't ghetto without driving to Eureka the weekend of the Tennessee game. The Inn at Bella Vista looks OK but I haven't heard of it.

Comfort Suites is nice in Bentonville. It was recently completed and isn't too far from the Interstate.

I didn't quite know where to put this, so I stuck it here. I looks like College Game Day will finally be coming to Fayetteville. This will be the first time that ESPN show will be live from the UofA. For those of you who are not into sports, it is a two hour show that airs Saturday morning from 9-11 AM on ESPN. I encourage everyone to go and be on national TV. This is free advertising for the University and the City so hopefully they make us look good.

I didn't quite know where to put this, so I stuck it here. I looks like College Game Day will finally be coming to Fayetteville. This will be the first time that ESPN show will be live from the UofA. For those of you who are not into sports, it is a two hour show that airs Saturday morning from 9-11 AM on ESPN. I encourage everyone to go and be on national TV. This is free advertising for the University and the City so hopefully they make us look good.

Sounds great! I'm still waiting for MTV to come and do a reality show up here. It could be about a group of teens living in a condo on Dickson Street running a successful music venue that doesn't get closed down.

I'm coming up this weekend for the game. How are the leaves? Are they past peak already? If they're still pretty I may take 71 instead of 540.

I travelled the 540 - 40 - 69 route today. The leaves are still hanging in there. I thought it was very pretty from NWA to mid-OK. Lots of gold trees mixed in this year. If it doesn't get too windy or pour down rain in the next few days you should still see lots of nice mountain views by Friday or Saturday. By the time you get to 40 & 540 you'll know if you want to travel up 71. Enjoy the Ozarks!! (We really live in a beautiful part of the country!!)

I travelled the 540 - 40 - 69 route today. The leaves are still hanging in there. I thought it was very pretty from NWA to mid-OK. Lots of gold trees mixed in this year. If it doesn't get too windy or pour down rain in the next few days you should still see lots of nice mountain views by Friday or Saturday. By the time you get to 40 & 540 you'll know if you want to travel up 71. Enjoy the Ozarks!! (We really live in a beautiful part of the country!!)

Thanks. I was in LR a couple of weeks ago and it was just turning there but was very pretty.

I'm coming up this weekend for the game. How are the leaves? Are they past peak already? If they're still pretty I may take 71 instead of 540.

Yeah it's past peak. The wind and rain have knocked down most of them. There's maybe a little color left but not much.

Thanks. I was in LR a couple of weeks ago and it was just turning there but was very pretty.

I believe this is about time for peak color in the Ouachitas. Here in the Ozarks it tends to be late October.

Yeah it's past peak. The wind and rain have knocked down most of them. There's maybe a little color left but not much.

I believe this is about time for peak color in the Ouachitas. Here in the Ozarks it tends to be late October.

The leaves were pretty in SE Oklahoma and even up to Van Buren and Rudy there were some pretty reds and golds. From Mountainburg north, though, it was all pretty much dead.

I was surprised at how pretty SE Oklahoma was. I've driven US 69/75 several times on the way from DFW to NWA and it's always seemed pretty but it's hilly and forested enough that the leaves were really impressive this time of year, especially around Lake Eufala.

There must have been 5000 Hog fans traveling that way back to Texas on Sunday, the road was full of them.

The leaves were pretty in SE Oklahoma and even up to Van Buren and Rudy there were some pretty reds and golds. From Mountainburg north, though, it was all pretty much dead.

I was surprised at how pretty SE Oklahoma was. I've driven US 69/75 several times on the way from DFW to NWA and it's always seemed pretty but it's hilly and forested enough that the leaves were really impressive this time of year, especially around Lake Eufala.

There must have been 5000 Hog fans traveling that way back to Texas on Sunday, the road was full of them.

I've been having a hard time getting away because I've really gotten into the Razorback games. But I've thought about trying to check out the Talimena Scenic drive this time of year and see how it looks.