Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could afford it and worked in London I would buy it just for the convenience of not having to commute for hours every day. That's only $4,350 per sq. ft. or roughly 20 times the cost per sq. ft. of a home in NWA which sounds cheap for London.

Don't forget though you have to fix it up before it's very livable. But I guess you won't have to spend much money on furniture. :lol:

Don't forget though you have to fix it up before it's very livable. But I guess you won't have to spend much money on furniture. :lol:

I don't know. If I had the flat all I would need is a futon, a flat-panel tv on the wall and a folding eating tray. Hook up the laptop to the tv and you have a virtual entertainment system with internet. Put my bike up on the wall on one side of the room and I'm good to go. It's not like I'd be spending much time in my flat in the middle of London! :silly:

I don't know. If I had the flat all I would need is a futon, a flat-panel tv on the wall and a folding eating tray. Hook up the laptop to the tv and you have a virtual entertainment system with internet. Put my bike up on the wall on one side of the room and I'm good to go. It's not like I'd be spending much time in my flat in the middle of London! :silly:

True, and as I said before this is a rather nice area of London. Around the area of Kensington and Chelsea.

I was looking around on here and came across an interesting website. You can look up your city and they have most of the taller buildings with some pictures on the site. I will provide the link to Fayetteville. They have some stuff wrong on heights but I have sent them some updates. Has anyone seen this site before?

Here is the link: Lists of Skyscrapers for any city

I was looking around on here and came across an interesting website. You can look up your city and they have most of the taller buildings with some pictures on the site. I will provide the link to Fayetteville. They have some stuff wrong on heights but I have sent them some updates. Has anyone seen this site before?

Here is the link: Lists of Skyscrapers for any city

Yeah I've seen it before. I even tried to get them to update their info for Fayetteville. I think they updated one thing but ignored my other responses. Anyone ever heard of a 8 story building on campus called the Harlold Hantz House? I couldn't even get them to spell the name correctly.

Yeah I've seen it before. I even tried to get them to update their info for Fayetteville. I think they updated one thing but ignored my other responses. Anyone ever heard of a 8 story building on campus called the Harlold Hantz House? I couldn't even get them to spell the name correctly.

I believe that Promfret is 8 stories and I think Holtz is 9 stories. I don't think that they were even on the list. Hantz and Holtz are pretty close.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question about healthcare. Why is it that hospitals put signs up about having to pay up front before services will be rendered or signs about how this hospital sells services and products just like any other business and those services and products need to be paid for up front? The real question is why are there no menus posted listing what services and products cost like any other business?? If I want a hamburger the price is up on the menu. If I want a haircut or an oil change the price is plastered on the wall. Even the US post office and practically every business on the planet has prices listed somewhere. Law offices usually advertise their fees in the newspaper or phone book and have fixed fees for common legal services. SO how can hospitals and doctors offices expect payment up front without menus or without advertising their prices???

Here's a question about healthcare. Why is it that hospitals put signs up about having to pay up front before services will be rendered or signs about how this hospital sells services and products just like any other business and those services and products need to be paid for up front? The real question is why are there no menus posted listing what services and products cost like any other business?? If I want a hamburger the price is up on the menu. If I want a haircut or an oil change the price is plastered on the wall. Even the US post office and practically every business on the planet has prices listed somewhere. Law offices usually advertise their fees in the newspaper or phone book and have fixed fees for common legal services. SO how can hospitals and doctors offices expect payment up front without menus or without advertising their prices???

Supply and demand. By the time someone who is ill or injured goes to a doctor they usually need to be fixed no matter what the solution costs.

I'm torn on this issue.

--If you were a medical professional would you really want your patients refusing some treatments based on $$ ?

--But if given the information and option I'd definitely defer the $5 dollar aspirin, $50 ace bandage, and a zillion dollars worth of gauze.

TIP: I've had the unfortunate opportunity to accompany two individuals to the ER in the past year. If you don't pay-in-full as you depart the hospital they will quickly negotiate about a 50% discount. I don't advocate shorting any business for full payment of services rendered but the quick offers made 1) the inflated prices, and 2) the desire to recoop some revenue, very obvious. (In recognition of the individuals that supplied the ER service: they were very good to their patients but the entire events were classically slowwwwww.)

The US healthcare industry is messed up on many levels. But that

Supply and demand. By the time someone who is ill or injured goes to a doctor they usually need to be fixed no matter what the solution costs.

I'm torn on this issue.

--If you were a medical professional would you really want your patients refusing some treatments based on $$ ?

--But if given the information and option I'd definitely defer the $5 dollar aspirin, $50 ace bandage, and a zillion dollars worth of gauze.

TIP: I've had the unfortunate opportunity to accompany two individuals to the ER in the past year. If you don't pay-in-full as you depart the hospital they will quickly negotiate about a 50% discount. I don't advocate shorting any business for full payment of services rendered but the quick offers made 1) the inflated prices, and 2) the desire to recoop some revenue, very obvious. (In recognition of the individuals that supplied the ER service: they were very good to their patients but the entire events were classically slowwwwww.)

The US healthcare industry is messed up on many levels. But that

Looks like Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter has been tainted with salmonella. If anyone has a jar of those brands of peanut butter with serial numbers beginning with 2111 then it's infected with salmonella. There's already been 288 cases reported, but I have a feeling this number will shoot up into the thousands now that the recall has been sent out. Keep your tainted peanut butter and wait for the class-action suit to be filed against Con-Agra.

Looks like Peter Pan and Great Value peanut butter has been tainted with salmonella. If anyone has a jar of those brands of peanut butter with serial numbers beginning with 2111 then it's infected with salmonella. There's already been 288 cases reported, but I have a feeling this number will shoot up into the thousands now that the recall has been sent out. Keep your tainted peanut butter and wait for the class-action suit to be filed against Con-Agra.

Yeah I heard about that. Makes you wonder what was going on at that plant. Who's ever heard of salmonella with peanut butter? What else was were they doing at that plant?

Yeah I heard about that. Makes you wonder what was going on at that plant. Who's ever heard of salmonella with peanut butter? What else was were they doing at that plant?

I don't know, but it makes me nervous about every product on the shelf now. What disease is next? I know people don't like frivelous law suits, but in this case I hope the culprit company pays. I could use the reimbursement for medical bills.

Here's another weird bit of info. They've discovered some faux fur coats are actually made with dog hair. They've even found some at Nordstrom's. I'm just waiting for this story to really blow into a big controversy.

That's bad. Dog lovers and animal rights activists around the country will be going after those responsible. If Nordstrom's is innocent their reputation is stained... if they're guilty they may be lucky just to stay in business. I never liked Nordstrom's anyway.

That's bad. Dog lovers and animal rights activists around the country will be going after those responsible. If Nordstrom's is innocent their reputation is stained... if they're guilty they may be lucky just to stay in business. I never liked Nordstrom's anyway.

Sorry I should have worded that better. This isn't just limited to Nordstrom's. But it was mentioned. There were some big names involved as well like Tommy Hilfiger. Here's a link to the story.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17298301/

I read in the Morning News that both Springdale and Rogers school enrollment growth has come to a halt? Is this going on in any of the other districts in the area?

As far as I know Fayetteville's is continuing to grow, just not as fast as Springdale and Rogers have been. Farmington, Elkins have reported steady growth as well. I don't think that Greenland has been doing very well though.

• 1 month later...

I've seen this before but never thought to post it. I came across it again and thought I'd share and post it.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if

you can raed tihs psas it on !!

I've seen this before but never thought to post it. I came across it again and thought I'd share and post it.

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if

you can raed tihs psas it on !!

That's exactly why man invented Tylenol! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know what happened to Rod (mith)? It has been kind of slow around here without him.

Sorry, Colby. Yeah I went out of town for vacation. I was going to mention that before I left but my computer died on me as well. I got back earlier this week but I've been busy at work trying to fix everything they messed up while I was gone. Might be a while longer before I have a working computer again. Looks like it's the slooooow computers at the Fayetteville Public Library for me. At least for a little while. But I am working on eventually being able to be back on a regular basis. I've been curious to see what news I missed while I was gone.