Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• 1 month later...

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Really not sure where I'd put this so I figured I'd just put it here. Looks like Lewis and Clark will be closing their Little Rock location. Now they'll just have their locations in Springdale and Rogers. Hopefully things aren't so bad that they might have to consider closing one of those locations. Although I admit the Packrat is a lot closer to me and I tend to frequent it instead.

Really not sure where I'd put this so I figured I'd just put it here. Looks like Lewis and Clark will be closing their Little Rock location. Now they'll just have their locations in Springdale and Rogers. Hopefully things aren't so bad that they might have to consider closing one of those locations. Although I admit the Packrat is a lot closer to me and I tend to frequent it instead.

I don't think that this is much of an indication of Lewis and Clack in general. The LR location was poorly stocked and poorly run. The two times that I was there, I don't know that I could have found an associate to help me if I had needed it. The whole place looked like it was for "pretend" outdoorsmen who wouldn't know the difference between a Nalgene bottle and a Cammleback.

Springdale? I always associate that store with Fayetteville. Either way, it is sad that they closed one store and may close another. I seldom go to either place since they tend to be on the more expensive side of what I look for. Nothing like being a poor college student that isn't allowed the same privileges that people who refuse to work get....

Edited by Snaple4

Springdale? I always associate that store with Fayetteville. Either way, it is sad that they closed one store and may close another. I seldom go to either place since they tend to be on the more expensive side of what I look for. Nothing like being a poor college student that isn't allowed the same privileges that people who refuse to work get....

The north side of Lake Fayetteville is actually Springdale. Lewis & Clark refer to that location as Springdale/Fayetteville. But I'm pretty sure that it's technically on Springdale property.

I don't think that this is much of an indication of Lewis and Clack in general. The LR location was poorly stocked and poorly run. The two times that I was there, I don't know that I could have found an associate to help me if I had needed it. The whole place looked like it was for "pretend" outdoorsmen who wouldn't know the difference between a Nalgene bottle and a Cammleback.

I have read some others saying the same things over on the Little Rock forum. Hopefully that is more the case and that the company as a whole isn't having serious difficulties.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I didn't know exactly where to put this. The NWA Times website (also Democrat Gazette etc) will begin charging online readers, like me, $5.95 per month. This is to begin August 5th. I knew this day would come eventually but I still don't like it. If you have a paper subscription you will not be charged the fees. They don't deliver to Texas, so I guess I will be forced to pay the $6 per month. I wonder if I can find a way to split the fees between a couple of people and just use one password between us... :whistling:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Well it's vacation time for me again. So after today I'll be gone for about a week. I probably won't have very good internet access where I'm going so I doubt I'll be on very much. Hopefully there won't be any problems while I'm gone.

Well it's vacation time for me again. So after today I'll be gone for about a week. I probably won't have very good internet access where I'm going so I doubt I'll be on very much. Hopefully there won't be any problems while I'm gone.

Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy :thumbsup:

Take pics- I like to live vicariously through other's travels :D

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly feels like I came back for summer. It also just seems so humid to me. But it's probably not really as bad as it may seem. But after spending a week in a dry desert climate it just seems to humid to me now.

Where did you go?

...and YES it is humid!!

Edited by Sequoia Payroll

I went to Albuquerque to visit family. :)

I have been through there once. When we were moving out here. It was a sight for sore eyes. At that point in the trip, I was wondering if I were ever going to see another human again. It seemed like a nice place. I am sure there is a bad side to town, but the area's we visited were really nice...

Welcome back, hope your trip was good

I have been through there once. When we were moving out here. It was a sight for sore eyes. At that point in the trip, I was wondering if I were ever going to see another human again. It seemed like a nice place. I am sure there is a bad side to town, but the area's we visited were really nice...

Welcome back, hope your trip was good

Thanks, I certainly enjoyed the dry air out there. I'm having a hard time getting used to the humidity again. Humidity levels were literally in the single digits out there. And of course it's always nice to have a week away from work. :D

Seems like we've been slowly losing NWA forumers to the Little Rock forum. Not that they're 'stealing' them away from us. But I found it interesting that it seems like I've seen several members posting over there more the past year. But I think it might be the fact that people are graduating the U of A and are getting jobs down in Little Rock. We have lost also lost several other forumers in recent years. Although for a while we were losing them to out of state. Anyway I just found it interesting to start seeing some of the regulars over here popping up more often over there.

do you think it's because there is more city action in LR?

Definitely more jobs down that way...

Could be that. Although things slowed down there as well lately, I don't think they got hit quite as bad as up here. But for all I know it may be people from that area already who were up here to go to the U of A and are now heading back home. With us being a big college town, you'll certainly have people coming and going. Although some of our more active forumers in the past ended up leaving for other jobs and such. The moderator before me, got a job over in Europe.

• 2 months later...

I recently saw something I thought was interesting. Arkansas' carbon offset program has planted enough trees to remove the amount of greenhouse gases from 300,000 passenger vehicles. More than any other state.

Here's some actual numbers showing the top five states.

State

Metric tons of CO2e* reduced

Arkansas

California

New York

Texas

Alabama

• 2 weeks later...