Skybar NWA l Northwest Arkansas Off-topic

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't get caught :lol:

Have you ever had any problems? I'd really like to be able to do something like this because there's so much stuff that you can't get in Arkansas. They don't offer the greatest selection around with their antiquated alcohol distribution laws. Do you mainly get wine or do you also get other stuff too from there?

Have you ever had any problems? I'd really like to be able to do something like this because there's so much stuff that you can't get in Arkansas. They don't offer the greatest selection around with their antiquated alcohol distribution laws. Do you mainly get wine or do you also get other stuff too from there?

I've ordered Pfalz wine about 4 or 5 times. I've never had any problems with it, but I'm switching more over to the Supercenter in Jane, simply because they have the largest wine selection in any Walmart in the Nation.

I've ordered Pfalz wine about 4 or 5 times. I've never had any problems with it, but I'm switching more over to the Supercenter in Jane, simply because they have the largest wine selection in any Walmart in the Nation.

A drive to Missouri isn't quite as convenient for me. I never bothered trying to order wine over the internet because I didn't think you could. Some sites even list Arkansas as being a state they can't deliver to. It might be nice to use that site to find some wines I can't find around here. It's not easy finding good German wine around here. It looked like that website had some interesting German wines.

A drive to Missouri isn't quite as convenient for me. I never bothered trying to order wine over the internet because I didn't think you could. Some sites even list Arkansas as being a state they can't deliver to. It might be nice to use that site to find some wines I can't find around here. It's not easy finding good German wine around here. It looked like that website had some interesting German wines.

Do the stores in Fayetteville and Springdale not have very good liquor selections?

Jane has quite a large selection of wines.

Do the stores in Fayetteville and Springdale not have very good liquor selections?

Jane has quite a large selection of wines.

I can't say they don't have a decent selection. But because Arkansas only allows a few alcohol distributors for the entire state you don't always get the greatest selection. For example on German wine. I personally don't think I've seen any good German wines at any of the liquor stores around here. Basically it depends on what you're looking for. Especially if you're looking for something obscure or not the most popular you're probably out of luck. I do think Missouri has a better selection, but it's not convenient for me to go up there all the time just to buy wine.

I guess I'm still a bit surprised you were able to order wine over the internet with no problem. But knowing my luck something will happen when I try to order it.

I don't risk it anymore, and I was suprised to get away with it. I guess when Jane opened up, I just decided to go up there about once every few months and just get my liquor up there.

I don't risk it anymore, and I was suprised to get away with it. I guess when Jane opened up, I just decided to go up there about once every few months and just get my liquor up there.

Maybe I'll have to get you to tell me what kind of selection they have up there. If they have some decent stuff I can't find down here maybe I can go up there and stock up a bit.

Well haven't heard any response so I'll just go ahead and start going off on other topics and see if I get Matt, and anyone else who'd like to participate to respond. How about foreign movies, does anyone like them? If so is there any particular country's films you like or any particular movies? Since I like other cultures I like to have a bit of a collection of different films from other countries. I have a number of European films, mainly British. Although I also have some from Spain and even Sweden. Most of my foreign movies are from Hong Kong and China. Although I also have a few from Japan and Korea. I've also managed to get some from Australia and Afghanistan. I'm hoping Matt might have some suggestions in finding some Middle Eastern movies. Afghanistan is the closest I've been able to get so far. I've also considered some from India. Mumbai (Bombay) ranks up there with Hollywood and Hong Kong. Although I'm not sure if I'd like their style of movies. I'm still looking for a particualrly good one from that area.

Well I'll try to help start a new little discussion.

It is obvious that we are all very interested in urban development here, but what else are you into? And how about your favorite music/bands, foods, hobbies, sports/teams, etc..

My favorite foods are Chinese and pretty much anything Asian. I do enjoy Mexican and Creole as well.

I'm more into the new age of music, more Dance and Techno.I like Paul Van Dyke, DJ Tiesto, ATB, Darude, and I also enjoy Fall Out Boy.

My favorite foods are Chinese and pretty much anything Asian. I do enjoy Mexican and Creole as well.

I'm more into the new age of music, more Dance and Techno.I like Paul Van Dyke, DJ Tiesto, ATB, Darude, and I also enjoy Fall Out Boy.

I like a lot of different types of music it's hard for me to pick one style. But I do like most of what you listed Matt. Guess I'm surprised to see someone who who likes techno. Or maybe I should say still does. I don't necessarily listen to a lot of pop music. Not trying to say there's anything wrong with it. I guess I tend to listen to weirder stuff. Just like my taste in foreign films I've been trying to get into some foriegn music as well. Anyone who's seen the restaurant thread knows Mexican food is my favorite food by far. I've been getting into some Japanese anime called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Not sure if anyone is familiar with it or the original movie. The original movie really infleunced the Matrix quite a bit.

I like a lot of different types of music it's hard for me to pick one style. But I do like most of what you listed Matt. Guess I'm surprised to see someone who who likes techno.

No way!!

I've only talked to about 5 people in the area that like dance.

Do you have any particular favorites?

DJ Tiesto is my favorite.

Hey NCB, you have music listed as one of your interest what kind of music do you like?

I love classic rock. Almost anything from the 60's-early 90's.

I grew up in the French Quarter, and spent most of my time in central city NOLA, so I heard plenty of New Orleans Jazz as a young kid. NOLA Jazz is definately one of my favorite types of music.

I like some hip hop/rap music, and enjoy a few different techno songs.

I also like alot of modern rock. Nickelback is one of my favorite modern rock bands.

No way!!

I've only talked to about 5 people in the area that like dance.

Do you have any particular favorites?

DJ Tiesto is my favorite.

My favorite techno is Underworld and Orbital.

I grew up in the French Quarter, and spent most of my time in central city NOLA, so I heard plenty of New Orleans Jazz as a young kid. NOLA Jazz is definately one of my favorite types of music.

I also like alot of modern rock. Nickelback is one of my favorite modern rock bands.

I've been getting a lot more into jazz. But I don't think I know much about it to tell a lot of the different styles. I used to not really like any hip hop/rap. But I guess I've gotten more open minded as time goes on. I'm still not big on the gangsta rap, but I do like hip/hop more in general than I used to.

Looks like we could have some light snow Saturday night - Sunday morning here in northwest Arkansas. I hope we get a little more than what it sounds like. A weekend would be great for me to try to get some snow pics of Fayetteville. But it sounds like we'll probably get even less than that first winter storm.

Hey Nate can you tell us the difference in NOLA jazz compared to other types of jazz? :D For that matter care to suggest any particular performers? I'd like to widen my small jazz collection. NOLA jazz or just any jazz for that matter, thanks.

Edited by Mith242