Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Detroit People Mover Breaks Down....Again

9 posts in this topic

Thursday, January 8, 2004

People Mover service halted

City expects new part to arrive before crowds come for the auto show

By Tom Greenwood and George Hunter / The Detroit News

City officials anxiously are awaiting a part to get the Detroit People Mover back on track by Saturday morning, in time to transport thousands of visitors to the North American International Auto Show at Cobo Center.

The elevated rail system stopped about 4:30 p.m. Tuesday when a key piece of switching equipment failed, according to the Detroit Transportation Corp.

I'm sorry but HAHAHAHAHAHA ok i'm done this is very bad for detorit I hope it won't happen again.

Well it is run by computers from the 1980s...so glitches that cause the system to go down are expected I guess. Just as long as they have it up and running when I go downtown for the auito show this weekend I'll be happy.

I might go to the auto show myself, cuz I've never been to the auto show in Detroit and haven't visited the city in a couple years.

I love the Auto Show. I'm not much into cars, but the auto show is an exception. My aunt is a journalist from the Netherlands....I was supposed to go to the auto show with her yesterday, but there was a couple things I could not miss at school :(. It would've been nice to see it before everyone else, but oh well. I haven't been downtown since the last auto show, so I'm looking forward to seeing how things have changed. I just hope it's not too cold...I want to get decent pics without getting frostbite! LOL.

Is it me or does it break down EVERY auto show? I think it gets soooo happy being actually used that it glitches and has a heart attack...

LOL. When I went for the auto show last year it was working...or at least it was working while I was riding on it. It probably broke down right after I got off it.

Well, when you have something with 20 year old computers in it, it could break down anytime. This just happened at the wrong time. It's probably fixed by now. But then again, this is Detroit, so maybe not.