Laurens

perrykat

Any other Laurens residents on UP? I live in Laurens and think it is a very nice, friendly town. Anything new going on in the area? Wish we could get a few new shopping options and maybe a Super Wal-Mart. I love taking a walk downtown and up W. Main when the weather is nice.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other Laurens residents on UP? I live in Laurens and think it is a very nice, friendly town. Anything new going on in the area? Wish we could get a few new shopping options and maybe a Super Wal-Mart. I love taking a walk downtown and up W. Main when the weather is nice.

I see that Ingles is building a mega-store in Laurens directly beside their old store. I am glad to see this. I have lived and worked in Upstate SC for my entire life and all of the growth has been centered around Greenville-Spartanburg, and so many of the smaller cities like Laurens, Union and Clinton have been forgotten about.

Since TLC's "Town Haul" came through, I haven't heard anything going on in Laurens. I'm surprised there's not a supercenter there, seeing how a Walmart distribution center is there. One placed between Laurens & Clinton (Clinnen) would seem ideal.

And what's the difference between an Ingle's & an Ingle's superstore? A tire & lube express? :rofl:

Ingle's newer stores are the ones with the drive through pharmacy and fuel centers. It will be something like stores in Clemson, Duncan, Greenville, Greer, Liberty, Pickens, and Spartanburg. They are very nice in my opinion. From what I heard, Ingle's is ready to invest and boost their market share in the upstate.

Ingle's newer stores are the ones with the drive through pharmacy and fuel centers. It will be something like stores in Clemson, Duncan, Greenville, Greer, Liberty, Pickens, and Spartanburg. They are very nice in my opinion. From what I heard, Ingle's is ready to invest and boost their market share in the upstate.

Gotcha...very familiar with that concept. And I'd love to see Ingle's make more of a presence here, to combat the high prices & low quality of Bi-lo :thumbsup:

Gotcha...very familiar with that concept. And I'd love to see Ingle's make more of a presence here, to combat the high prices & low quality of Bi-lo :thumbsup:

I think the dishonor of high prices and low quality goes to Wal-Mart. The three closest Bi-Los I shop at seem to have better customer service, lower prices with their Bonuscard (for those who wish to save money) and an excellent hot deli bar.

Agreed, Ingle's needs more of a presence here. They lack having more locations. I do not want to drive ten miles across town to shop at one.

I don't know if I agree about Bi-Lo having high prices. They seem slightly less than Publix to me.

And Wal-Mart is definitely not the place to go if you want customer service. Going to Wal-Mart can really put me in a bad mood, and for that reason I always go to Target unless a Wal-Mart is significantly more convenient.

I don't know if I agree about Bi-Lo having high prices. They seem slightly less than Publix to me.

Eh, who knows. To me, Bi-lo seems like our local equivalent of Kroger. Average to below average in regards to price & quality. And I hope you all know those "low" prices when you flash your shoppers card are recovered in other items being priced more than they should be.

Publix can be high in some cases, but their quality & customer service are unmatched. :thumbsup:

Archived