More building at FSU

psycuda

This is actually a valid concern as work was slated to begin in November. I'll inquire about this as soon as I get a chance. I have a reliable source who can tell me exactly whats going on here...

However, has anyone noticed the Village Property seems to be removing those old homes that now sit on the site. At least that appears to be the activity.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no word on wether or not the work actually going is for the village project, or simply work being done to remove these homes. I would really like to see some progress made on this Village Project.... I think its location would allow it to be a very successful rental property if they choose to make it affordable to students.

yes yes yes... a few tidbits for me....

TJ is currect in his worries for highrise classrooms. I laugh at the elevator comments on facebook from my big city counterparts. I could see students traversing 7 floors, any more than that i can see as too much too ask. top floor as offices is a good way to solve it. ever read wayside stories when you were a kid? one buildin 72 floors, live, eat, schoool, play all inside the same building!!lol

tha parking garages should be situated on the edges of campus, so what isnt bad realestate. its needed. Parking is an easy, but truthful excuss for a ton of students on the east side of campus. there is no way i could've walked form the civic center to the FAB with all my supplies...

FSU needs more toys to give the students something other than the bars and clubs to entertain ourselves with...

I was never suggesting classrooms up on the 7th floor - but rather offices, parking garages, dorms, etc... should not be subject to the 5-storey limit. I always thought parking garage #3 was a waste of space at only 3-storeys. In a decade or so, everyone will be wondering why it wasn't built at twice that height.

Here is also another perspective: for every undergrad living on campus, it's one less undergrad taking up a parking space. SGA tried to ban freshmen parking on campus, this would have freed up many spaces. But it failed since the university lacked the residences needed to house all the incoming freshmen on campus. If they didn't live on campus, how else would they get to class?

Since the dorms more or less pay for themselves, I'd support that any new dorms be high-density. Limiting them to 5-storeys is an inefficient use of limited space.

Just my two cents, again :)

Archived