Another new Lifestyle Center for Augusta

socaguy

Yeah, I respect their right to oppose the development, but from what I've heard, the residents of Foxhall don't really have much of a case at this point. But the traffic will suck. Let's remember, the people currently in charge of doing the spaghetti junction deal at I-20 are the same geniuses in charge of Furys Ferry Road, which means it should be completed by around 2025.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this REALLY doesn't need to drag on any longer, just build it and get it over with. if there are problems, they will be revealed in due time and they will be handled. It really is an inevitable thing to happen in this part of town. Development is booming, and it's going to happen no matter what subdivisions it's by.

The Walmart in Evans had this issue as well, since it was in front of a neighborhood, and now the people there may even find it conveinant than much of a fuss anymore, or at least quiet about it.

If it really bothers these people why don't they just move back to South Richmond county, where you won't have to worry about anything commercial ending up in your back yard, at this point anyway. but then again it could be a drag strip, lol.

According to several commissioners, the decision on whether they will appeal the ruling or not will happen next week. I don't see them appealing because a couple of commissioners who opposed the rezoning the first time around basically stated that it is time to move on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

This project will make west augusta truly the augusta metro area of heavy traffic & big city feel. I-20 will have the Augusta exchange, the new shopping center off the wheeler rd exit, t- mobile building, bobby jones shopping center, all near each other. The forum will have new stores, resturants, & a 118 room hotel on I-20. Ppl driving through the interchange will see augusta mall or even the village making ppl get off the exit & look around. Traffic! Traffic! Traffic! When will developers learn south aug & downtown need more traffic not west aug.

It appears that Marshal Square (in Evans) is finally starting to get some movement. I was driving around last week, and they had some earth clearing vehicles clearing the land.

I am suprised it has taken so long to get this built. It really is a prime piece of property. Its also quite large!

Has anyone heard any rumours about what will be located there?

Canuk,

I called one of the real estate agents working on the project several years back....when they first announced it. It will mostly be residential in the form of townhomes and condos but some of the condos will be built over street-level retail. I think the retail portions will be much less than any of the other Lifestyle Centers being built but If I recall I think they will probably be trying to attract more locally based businesses as opposed to Banana Republic, Chicos, The Gap and the like. Who knows though....thats been several years they may have changed their focus. Along with that they will have office space too. Im thinking this development will be more like Hammonds Ferry in North Augusta than anything else in the metro area so far.

• 2 months later...
Canuk,

I called one of the real estate agents working on the project several years back....when they first announced it. It will mostly be residential in the form of townhomes and condos but some of the condos will be built over street-level retail. I think the retail portions will be much less than any of the other Lifestyle Centers being built but If I recall I think they will probably be trying to attract more locally based businesses as opposed to Banana Republic, Chicos, The Gap and the like. Who knows though....thats been several years they may have changed their focus. Along with that they will have office space too. Im thinking this development will be more like Hammonds Ferry in North Augusta than anything else in the metro area so far.

I think this development will come to fruition before any of the other proposed ones. Afterall, it is in Evans, Augustas hottest sub-market and will consist of mostly condos and townhomes with ALOT less retail than any of the other ones (Villages, Forum, etc)

• 3 months later...

Archived