Cooley Law School Expansion and Accreditation

GRDadof3

That is pretty impressive. It's always such a great thing to see all these schools doing so well with enrollments, and now with the addition of MSU Medical School - how could we possibly get any bigger? :P

Now if we can get GRPS a fire under their butt...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think most Cooley students are of traditional age, with a low or no income situation. After all, it is a grad school only. The few students I know that go there work a professional job, full time, attend Cooley 6-9 credits a semester and live in suburbia. I would think that is probobly closer to the norm.

That is what I have seen for the in state students. What made me ask is the extraordinary percentage (75%) from out of state. Unless they all have found jobs here since they enrolled, they will need a "temporary" place to live that should be fairly close by. Grad school may have less class time but significantly more

That is what I have seen for the in state students. What made me ask is the extraordinary percentage (75%) from out of state. Unless they all have found jobs here since they enrolled, they will need a "temporary" place to live that should be fairly close by. Grad school may have less class time but significantly more

I am surprised by the Cooley stats. Due to the softening of the legal market, applications to a lot of law schools are down. Cooley, while respectable, is not a top-tier school and I am curious about its appeal in view of the market. My impression of the typical Cooley student was of a Michigan resident wanting to do law as a second career. I think that a lot of the attractiveness of Cooley in Lansing was that it appealed to State of Michigan employees wanting to get a leg up. Maybe being in GR is the magnet for applicants, beyond that of the school itself. ??

I am surprised by the Cooley stats. Due to the softening of the legal market, applications to a lot of law schools are down. Cooley, while respectable, is not a top-tier school and I am curious about its appeal in view of the market. My impression of the typical Cooley student was of a Michigan resident wanting to do law as a second career. I think that a lot of the attractiveness of Cooley in Lansing was that it appealed to State of Michigan employees wanting to get a leg up. Maybe being in GR is the magnet for applicants, beyond that of the school itself. ??

• 7 months later...

Archived