Why is Austin so jealous of San Antonio

imaterry78247

Austin is a beautiful city but is extremely overrated. The night life is centered in one area(downtown) and beyond that neal. The real quest of the matter is why it is so jealous of the city just a few miles to the South.

The Austin-Statesman never gives the second fastest growing metro in the nation (San Antonio) coverage.

Great things about Austin-Whole Foods, and the Co OP Stores

Willie Nelson.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Austin is a beautiful city but is extremely overrated. The night life is centered in one area(downtown) and beyond that neal. The real quest of the matter is why it is so jealous of the city just a few miles to the South.

The Austin-Statesman never gives the second fastest growing metro in the nation (San Antonio) coverage.

Willie Nelson.

Lots of views no response-I really think that Austin and San Antonio metro area will merge soon and both areas should market this new Texas metroplex

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of views no response-I really think that Austin and San Antonio metro area will merge soon and both areas should market this new Texas metroplex

INVESTOR'S GUIDE 2006

The Top 100 Real Estate Markets: Is the Party Over?

Well, not everywhere. FORTUNE asked Moody's Economy.com and Fiserv CSW to analyze home sales data for the country's 100 largest metro regions. They ranked each area by its projected price change for 2006. No. 1? San Antonio. Dead last: Las Vegas.

Austin has to be the most loved city in the country by all major publications that rank cities. You never hear anything bu praise about Austin... its amazing that with all Austin has going for itself, colleges, capital, private enterprise, natural beauty, history... and the list goes on... why is austin jealous.

Austin has to be the most loved city in the country by all major publications that rank cities. You never hear anything bu praise about Austin... its amazing that with all Austin has going for itself, colleges, capital, private enterprise, natural beauty, history... and the list goes on... why is austin jealous.

I think Austin and San Antonio are two totally different driven cities and as a Texan I'm very proud of how diverse they are. Both cities are rich in history and natual beauty. I think now both SA and Austin have their own things going on for them. So just becuase an Austin paper doesnt recognize SA as a booming town doesnt really mean that Austin is jealous of San Antonio in my book.

Well..as an outsider Austin is widely recognized as being this great city. If anything I would assume SA is jealous of the nation's love affair with Austin.

REALLY? What state are you from? Well I think you couldn't be further from the true, San Antonio is not jealous of Austin nor does it really have any reason to be. I bet if there was a national poll out there about which city would you like to visit between San Antonio and Austin, SA would be win hands down! Guess that would make the "love affair" with San Antonio not Austin.l

I bet if there was a national poll out there about which city would you like to visit between San Antonio and Austin, SA would be win hands down! Guess that would make the "love affair" with San Antonio not Austin.l

I disagree. I think if you took a poll, it would be about 50/50.

Austin in no way is jealous of San Antonio and I hope they never merge together to become a single metro.

As a Dallasite and an outsider I think the San Antonio-Austin rivalry goes both ways pretty evenly. I think Austin wouldn't mind having some of the pro sports, tourism, and downtown/Riverwalk stuff SA has but at the same time I think San Antonio would love to have the tech industry, young professionals, and major university. Both have a cool cultural vibe, they're just a little different.

I agree, the lines are blurring. Part of SA's allure for big retail and pro sports leagues is its proximity to another metro area in Austin. As time goes on there will be more and more commuting between the two and blurring of the lines between the areas.

As a Dallasite and an outsider I think the San Antonio-Austin rivalry goes both ways pretty evenly. I think Austin wouldn't mind having some of the pro sports, tourism, and downtown/Riverwalk stuff SA has but at the same time I think San Antonio would love to have the tech industry, young professionals, and major university. Both have a cool cultural vibe, they're just a little different.

I agree, the lines are blurring. Part of SA's allure for big retail and pro sports leagues is its proximity to another metro area in Austin. As time goes on there will be more and more commuting between the two and blurring of the lines between the areas.

Sa and Austin is merging and quickly becoming a megapolis. Georgetown to South San antonio with the new Toyota plant. Nw SA to Fredi-T to SW Austin . I think this thread s/b why is the metroplex is je

• 3 months later...

Actually it will be a at least a decade or two before the Austin's and San Antonio's metros actually merge. There is still huge swaths of undeveloped countryside between the two. And I as far as the first post in this thread tries to state. Austin definatly is not jealous of SA.

• 4 weeks later...

Willie Nelson.

Maybe Austin is jealous of the Alamo. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived