IC Visits the Bank of America and the Fabulous Fox

ironchapman

As many of you may know, I went to the Fox Theater yesterday to see the Radion City Rockettes and Christmas Spectacular. Afterwards, I went to Atlantic Station. These are some pics of the Fox and the Bank of America Plaza building.

Atlanta's Fabulous Fox Theater:

67297217_f55a033205_o.jpg

People Leaving the Fox:

67294584_ab7cfea449_o.jpg

Atlanta Streets Near the Fox:

67294583_5af8f50281_o.jpg

67285307_5288e928d9_o.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

67285306_5560d9b929_o.jpg

Looking Up

67285305_f0adfc3e20_o.jpg

Looking Up Again]

--I took this while lying on the walkway leading into the building! :o

67285304_12cc2f3b31_o.jpg

The Tower:

67285308_06a14d74ca_o.jpg

The Tip Catches Some Sun

67294587_72e5d20e73_o.jpg

The Glint of Gold

67295793_11f78d31fd_o.jpg

^Any Thoughts?

Up next, I'll share some photos I took around Atlanta, including a few of the Georgian Terrace Hotel! :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NCB, the Fox was built as a Yaarab Temple Shrine (you know, Shriners?) in the late 1920's. During the Depression, the Shriners started showing films to make some money for the upkeep of the building. This was done trough a deal with movie mogul William Fox. He was, at the time, building movie palaces throughout the nation in places like St. louis and Detroit. Soon, the Shriners left and it became the theater it is today. It isn't so much a movie theater anymore as much as it is drama theater. It was saved from the wrecking ball in the 1970's by Atlanta Landmarks, Inc. It is now a National Historic Landmark. It is the second largest theater by area in the USA.

Fox History

Wow, you have a life, my turn!

Nah, I'm just joking. I have a life. Really I do.

Those pictures are great, what kind of camera do you use. It doesn't exactly look like a digital camera took those photos.

I don't have a camera myself, but I do use my parents' camera on these trips. It is a Canon something (can't remember). It uses film, my personal picture preference (though I am looking around for a digital one).

The Canon costed about $250 when they bought it a few years ago.

NCB, the Fox was built as a Yaarab Temple Shrine (you know, Shriners?) in the late 1920's. During the Depression, the Shriners started showing films to make some money for the upkeep of the building. This was done trough a deal with movie mogul William Fox. He was, at the time, building movie palaces throughout the nation in places like St. louis and Detroit. Soon, the Shriners left and it became the theater it is today. It isn't so much a movie theater anymore as much as it is drama theater. It was saved from the wrecking ball in the 1970's by Atlanta Landmarks, Inc. It is now a National Historic Landmark. It is the second largest theater by area in the USA.

Fox History

Wow!

That's a very interesting building, with a very interesting history. I will definately try to check Fox Theater out when I'm in Atlanta next weekend!

Well the fox has history to it. I didn't know any of these things. Especially that it is the 2nd largest in the USA. What is the first largest?

Well the fox has history to it. I didn't know any of these things. Especially that it is the 2nd largest in the USA. What is the first largest?

I'm not quite sure which one is the largest, but it's one in New York City on Broadway. I'll look into it.

Archived