Memphis' Idlewild Historic District

sleepy

I've posted these pics on some forum, just not sure if on here. Anyway, here's a look-see at the Idlewild historic district in midtown Memphis. It's primarily shotguns and wooden victorians, and so on. Bears a little architectural resemblance to New Orleans.

45180793.jpg

45180792.jpg

45180794.jpg

45180788.jpg

45180789.jpg

45180791.jpg

45180795.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pics, and some of those houses are similar to those found in New Orleans. I really like seeing old homes like those, just something interesting and appealing about them.

Did anyone know there is an Idlewild community in West Tennessee. Its near Bradford in Gibson County. I pass the road sign indicating where to turn off on the way to Jackson on US 45E. I wonder what Idlewild means. You know its relevance sleepy?

Very nice pics, and some of those houses are similar to those found in New Orleans. I really like seeing old homes like those, just something interesting and appealing about them.

Did anyone know there is an Idlewild community in West Tennessee. Its near Bradford in Gibson County. I pass the road sign indicating where to turn off on the way to Jackson on US 45E. I wonder what Idlewild means. You know its relevance sleepy?

I know there's a town in Scotland named Idlewild. There's an Idlewild Presbyterian Church in Memphis, so that makes sense. I guess it is a Gaelic word.

Archived