Dubai Extreme High Rise Thread

mcheiss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of things.

Rumours have it that Calatrava and Frank Gehry have been asked to look into some talls for Dubai. Am not too sure about Gehry but a Calatrava scraper would be great, especially in business bay. Something really fluid would be great.

Speaking of business bay, 8 plots of unlimited height were auctioned today but it'll probably be ages until we find out what will be built.

BTW Dubai's not the only place booming. Check out Abu Dhabi too. And Qatar and Bahrain.

A couple of things.

Rumours have it that Calatrava and Frank Gehry have been asked to look into some talls for Dubai. Am not too sure about Gehry but a Calatrava scraper would be great, especially in business bay. Something really fluid would be great.

Speaking of business bay, 8 plots of unlimited height were auctioned today but it'll probably be ages until we find out what will be built.

BTW Dubai's not the only place booming. Check out Abu Dhabi too. And Qatar and Bahrain.

If you find out about a Calatrava tower in Dubai I'd appreciate it very much if you had any renderings of it. Calatrava is one of my favorite architects. It would be great to see him do something over in Dubai.

I know that Frank Gehry has been one of the main developers looking to build new heigh rise residential buildings in post-katrina New Orleans, and mid rise condo buildings along the Mississippi Coast.

I am also interested seeing what a Calatrava tower would look like. He is one of my favorite architects as well.

I know that Frank Gehry has been one of the main developers looking to build new heigh rise residential buildings in post-katrina New Orleans, and mid rise condo buildings along the Mississippi Coast.

I am also interested seeing what a Calatrava tower would look like. He is one of my favorite architects as well.

I hate to get off topic here but do you have a favorite project of Calatrava's?

^^ That's because it's just new from yesterday. Don't expect renders for at least another half a year though. They just bought the plot.

Anyway, Al Sharq confirmed to be 342m high and are really promoting a "living in the sky" image :D

Lobby Entrance Perspective.

2a20entrancenight015us.jpg

Upper Level Units.

balcony132rr.jpg

Details only.

cable0021jy.jpg

^^ That's because it's just new from yesterday. Don't expect renders for at least another half a year though. They just bought the plot.

Anyway, Al Sharq confirmed to be 342m high and are really promoting a "living in the sky" image :D

Lobby Entrance Perspective.

Upper Level Units.

balcony132rr.jpg

:w00t: .

That would be kind of scary to live in the sky like that. Amazing Development though.

I don't know. Renders were supposed to be released in October but we don't know. There's some stuff about new height restrictions due to proximity of the airport though and this comes under some of those restrictions so could either be cancelled or reduced considerably.

I don't know. Renders were supposed to be released in October but we don't know. There's some stuff about new height restrictions due to proximity of the airport though and this comes under some of those restrictions so could either be cancelled or reduced considerably.

That's a shame.

This sounded like a great project also.

Has anyone noticed how blue seems to be used a lot? I'm not sure if it applies to the Middle east but I know the color blue has meaning to other areas. I came across this in New Mexico. A lot of the adobe buildings will have bright blue doors and windows. The color blue is supposed to ward of evil spirits. Now it's just sort of a tradition. But the practice was picked up from the Spanish. The Spanish picked it up from the Moors. Perhaps the Moors picked it up from the Middle East when Islam was brought into the area.

• 1 month later...

Archived