Dubai Extreme High Rise Thread

mcheiss

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

To be honest I'm kind of getting sick of supertalls in the marina. It would have been much better if they spread them out rather than bunched in together like they are now. Imagine if you had just bought an appartment on the 80th floor with stunning views. You'd think that getting one so high up would guarantee this would never be lost but just when you least expect it a 100 floor tower pops up in front of you.

By the way, burj al alam is now the 2nd tallest approved tower:

f92a29e3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got back from a trip to Dubai, and believe me the demand is there, and they're expensive! Most condos are selling out before construction is anywhere near completed, as rich Saudis and other investors buy up entire floors of towers in anticipation of the robust housing market. When the market crashes, however (and it's only a matter of time, at the rate it is expanding), prices will fall HARD and the sheer number of condos versus the ACTUAL demand (of people living in them) will cause the market's bottom to fall out. Plus, as beautiful and ethereal as they seem, a lot of these new condos are worth nowhere near the market rate - the craftsmanship is shoddy at best, and there still exist a variety of infrastructure problems.

^^ That depends of the development. There are plenty of good ones around, some people who don't know anything can get fooled though. If I was buying an apartment I'd make sure to do my homework.

This crazy building has to stop at some stage though, it can't keep on going forever and I don't think everything will be built either. A good number of these towers have sold quite well so those will be built, some are struggling however and if they can't sell enough units, then they won't build the tower. In general, new res towers will struggle unless they offer something different. Not much office space has been released so office towers are still no problem, they will start struggling soon aswell though.

Some more supertowers (all over 1000ft)

Design of this one is not finalised yet so this is only a rough idea, needs work anyway. It has 100 floors and should be around the same height as burj al alam (so 480m or so)

habtoor2gv.jpg

11sd0de.jpg

Emirates Park Towers, about 330 or 340m to roof and 395m to spire

emirates4bj.jpg

A 330m tower in business bay (render is a bit wrong though):

theskyscraper1os.jpg

Centrepiece business bay towers designed by world class architect Zaha Hadid (tallest should be just over 300m)

02hadi.slide4.jpg

Marina 101 (quite bland methinks):

marina1012pn.jpg

A new, way better render of infinity tower:

infinity3sq.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I REALLY like that artist's rendition of the Emirates Park Towers. Gorgeous.

The Infinity Tower gives a new 'twist' to tower design in Dubai. Thanks guys, I'm here all night. I scrolled up and down the page a few times just looking at that picture. I'm bored ok?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived