Proposed $4.5 Billion Golf Community

mcheiss

Dubai's Emaar Properties said on Sunday it was teaming up with Morocco's ONA Group to build a 4.5 billion dirham golfing community on the Moroccan coast.

The 530 hectare (1,300 acre) Bahia Bay luxury development outside Casablanca follows a project launched by the two companies last month to build a residential golfing complex in Marrakech.

The new development is expected to take five years to build, and will include hotels, equestrian facilities, as well as retail and entertainment centres.

The project is Emaar's latest outside the Gulf Arab city of Dubai, where it is spearheading a construction boom. The firm is one-third owned by the government of Dubai, part of the United Arab Emirates.

Last month, Emaar said it would invest $3.9 billion in real estate projects in Syria. It is also building a $3.9 billion residential, recreational and commercial project in Egypt.

Here's the only rendering I have:

Morrocco.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could make some lame joke about the sand traps there, but I won't. Especially since I really don't know how sandy it is there anyway. I still have a hard time believing everything that's going on over there, truely amazing.

Barely the tip of the iceberg.

It is quite amazing. It reminds me something out of Jamaica or the Bahamas.

Archived