Nashville Mystery

blokey

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's more towards what I'm thinking. A loft project would be perfect for the spot across from the Beer Seller. Make it look trendy, and it would be perfect for the party crowd. I still say nothing tall for this particular lot. Ten floors would be nice and still allow it to blend in to the buildings within the area, but no taller. Five floors would probably make it more elite and add a flow to second ave. Anywhere between five and ten and I'm happy.

I posted very quickly this morning and had to go. realized afterward I posted SW and meant the SE corner. I got up at 3 am this morning and had been working. I was hardly even awake as you can tell by the post. I posted at a downtown hotel so I wouldnt forget to post it.

I must have missed the article about that building.

Here is the link to the article

http://www.bizjournals.com/bizspace/nashvi...tory_id=1177548

Remember Peabody, Westin, Ritz, and Hyatt are looking at Nashville.

I have always suspected the Hyatt would make a comeback to Nashville. I would prefer to see a Westin and a nicely designed Peabody personally. Hyatt doesn't tend to keep their properties fresh unless it is a flagship. Just my opionion.

^Same here. I would rather a Westin show up than a Hyatt. The only problem is that Westin's are starting to pop up everywhere, and I would love for Nashville to have a niche type hotel. The way the Peabody was in Memphis when it opened. A hotel that, while it may be a chain, isn't found in just any city.

Hyatt's are decent, but nothing to gawk at. Don't believe me, I will take you on a tour of the one in Lexington, KY that is attached to Rupp Arena. That place will make you think twice about having a Hyatt in your town. The decor is outdated and the service is mediocre at best.

If I had to choose from that list I would prefer either a Ritz or Peabody, followed by Westin and then Hyatt. All of these would be nice for Nashville. Ritz is way upscale, and if Peobody builds, I hope they try to outdo their fabulous Memphis Hotel (no offense to all the Memphis members out there).

If I had to choose from that list I would prefer either a Ritz or Peabody, followed by Westin and then Hyatt. All of these would be nice for Nashville. Ritz is way upscale, and if Peobody builds, I hope they try to outdo their fabulous Memphis Hotel (no offense to all the Memphis members out there).

Ritz would get my vote by far, wonderful experience. Prices would rival Hermitage but with more business travelers. Peabody seems ok, I have never been in the one in Memphis but the one in Orlando could be a Hyatt. Westin is nice but they are becoming a dime a dozen, I am suprised we do not already have one in Nashville. Hyatt is just like a Crowne Plaza unless it is a lareg Metro property.

I don't think we're talking an either/or situation here. The Ritz-Carlton is not typically considered a convention hotel, or one that should appeal to the masses. I think the Peabody could deliver a beautiful project with 700-1000 rooms with no problem. The Ritz should end up closer to Midtown/Music Row/Gulch closer to Vanderbilt and Music Row. It would probably top at 200 rooms. We've come so close before. I think they'd love to have a Nashville property as would W. I would love to see a W in the heart of downtown. Having stayed at several Ritz's and a couple of W's, my sensibilities run really tight with the W. It goes well with all my black clothes. I just so cool. lol. Nashville is a cool city and cool hotel would fit right in.

Archived