Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Hubbell Lighting headquarters

Snapped a few photos of the spot where the new Hubbell Lighting headquarters is going up. This should be a fun building to follow the progress on, as its site is right on I-85. This is going to make such a statement from I-85! Hope that wasn't a UP'er pulled over by the trooper in the photo. :D

CIMG3440.jpg

CIMG3438.jpg

Is this building going to be up on 85 like i thought or will there be a parking lot between the building and the interstate? I was hoping for something with a presence... Hopefully what i remember of their paving is inaccurate.

Yes, right at the top of the ridge along I-85. I look forward to the lighting they use. Should become a Greenville icon of sorts. :)

I noticed on Saturday, when you are headed north on 85 right at Carmax, you see the clear area for Hubbell....the clear area is on a hill and sits at the top of the tree line. The building will rise up well above the tree line! AND, notice that 85 curves right at the hill, it will look as if Hubbell is sitting on top of 85. Will be VERY impressive! :yahoo:

I noticed it was not up today. I imagine it is because they aren't working, or are moving it. I haven't been on campus in awhile so I don't know what it looks like from up on the ridge. :unsure:

I noticed it was not up today. I imagine it is because they aren't working, or are moving it. I haven't been on campus in awhile so I don't know what it looks like from up on the ridge. :unsure:

Either that or they took it down temporarily because of the high winds yesterday. Hopefully, it didn't blow over.

It was still up yesterday though. I'm sure there is a completely logical explanation. I'll keep my eyes out to see what is going on over there. :)

It was still up yesterday though. I'm sure there is a completely logical explanation. I'll keep my eyes out to see what is going on over there. :)

Oh, then agree with you about them taking it down to move it or because they weren't working today.

The crane was back up today, and I witnessed the very first steel post being positioned on one of the corners of the building. :D This is going to dramatically change that stretch of I-85!

The crane was back up today, and I witnessed the very first steel post being positioned on one of the corners of the building. :D This is going to dramatically change that stretch of I-85!

That's great to hear. Drury Inn is also starting to move full steam ahead too. Can't wait to see what the I-85 corridor is going to look like there in the next few years. :thumbsup:

For those of you who haven't seen it, here's a picture of the progress as of Monday. This is from the INTERSTATE! Imagine the final product's presence.

NEW014.jpg

Thanks GvilleSC!! This is going to be great, if these first few pieces of steel for the first floor show up this well from 85! :yahoo: I love how close the building will sit to the interstate. I-85 is looking great!

There were two floors up and the third floor being raised in this corner when I passed by today. I love how close it hugs the hillside directly off of the interstate. It will indeed be an impressive site for travelers. The wall closest to the interstate will be bowed (curved) out from one end to the other. :D

4 levels are up in one section already! Looks very nice driving north on I-85 around the U.S. 276/Laurens Road interchange. :shades:

Was on 85 today and guys, this project is a stunner!!! It's just started and already makes a major impact when driving along 85! Love it!! :yahoo:

It is every bit as stunning as the new GHS medical complex along I-385. The best part about Hubbell is its location right next to I-85. With the reports saying that it will include unique lighting, I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

I've been too busy lately to drive by the site to see what it looks like. If somebody could take some updated pics of what it looks like, I sure would appreciate it.

I've been too busy lately to drive by the site to see what it looks like. If somebody could take some updated pics of what it looks like, I sure would appreciate it.

Going up!

CIMG4292.jpg