CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Hubbell Lighting headquarters

gs3

Snapped a few photos of the spot where the new Hubbell Lighting headquarters is going up. This should be a fun building to follow the progress on, as its site is right on I-85. This is going to make such a statement from I-85! Hope that wasn't a UP'er pulled over by the trooper in the photo. :D

CIMG3440.jpg

CIMG3438.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I noticed on Saturday, when you are headed north on 85 right at Carmax, you see the clear area for Hubbell....the clear area is on a hill and sits at the top of the tree line. The building will rise up well above the tree line! AND, notice that 85 curves right at the hill, it will look as if Hubbell is sitting on top of 85. Will be VERY impressive! :yahoo:

I noticed it was not up today. I imagine it is because they aren't working, or are moving it. I haven't been on campus in awhile so I don't know what it looks like from up on the ridge. :unsure:

Either that or they took it down temporarily because of the high winds yesterday. Hopefully, it didn't blow over.

The crane was back up today, and I witnessed the very first steel post being positioned on one of the corners of the building. :D This is going to dramatically change that stretch of I-85!

That's great to hear. Drury Inn is also starting to move full steam ahead too. Can't wait to see what the I-85 corridor is going to look like there in the next few years. :thumbsup:

There were two floors up and the third floor being raised in this corner when I passed by today. I love how close it hugs the hillside directly off of the interstate. It will indeed be an impressive site for travelers. The wall closest to the interstate will be bowed (curved) out from one end to the other. :D

Archived