CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Hubbell Lighting headquarters

gs3

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been by Hubbell lately, because I haven't in the last few weeks. I wonder what it looks now. :rolleyes:

I've not been out by there recently; however, if I can do so, I'll try to get out tomorrow and snap a few photos of the goings-on out on that side of town (Hubbell, CUICAR Phase I, Drury Inn & Suites, etc.). No promises, though. I have no idea what the wife has planned for me tomorrow. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I never really noticed it before , but while I was driving toward I-85 on 385 this morning I noticed you can see the Hubbell building right before you reach the Greenville mall. This project does have a good impact on the 85 corridor.

• 1 month later...

By the Hubbell construction site and they have a sample wall set-up of the siding and glass that will be used on the building. My photo is not the best quality, but the part that looks gray in this pictures is metal (almost an anodized aluminum look). Love that the windows will be the green tinted glass. This building should look spectacular once complete! :thumbsup:

CIMG5224.jpg

Me and a few other mason's set the stone on that sample panel...the long 8 ft piece weighs about 800lbs and the square piece weighs around 1500 lbs or so the superintendent told me. We also set that band of stone between the first and second floor. They are now running the window framing across it. We had to get done with that before the window man could do his thing. We set 49 pieces across the front and each of those weighed 550 lbs a piece. If you look at the front of the building going down I-85 and see where they formed that one big wall of concrete beside the steel structure there is something fixing to be going on there. I went up on the third floor of the bulding and you can see the daniel building very easily from there. I promise to take some pictures with my digital camera next time im up there guys :-(

The Hubbell building....it's site. Did Hubbell place the building for maximum impact on 85, or was this just luck of the draw? Anybody know? I know we've discussed this multiple times, but driving north on 85 when you cross Laurens at Carmax, with Hubbell straight ahead, it's looming....it's so incredibly impactful! Such a major presence! :yahoo: I think the perspective has change and really hit me yesterday because the trees have bloomed out and the building is so large rising above the trees. It looks larger now against the trees than it did during the winter when you could see the complete building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In response to the comment about whether the location was planned or by accident, you can be assured that it was researched and the angle as well as the placement on the property was by intent.

The building has the precast going up right now and it will be applied to the east, south and north walls. The lower section on the south and north walls will have a stone veneer applied. The sample panel has been added to and is being refined right now. It should really start taking shape over the next 30 days or so. Tell us what you think.

Archived