CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Hubbell Lighting headquarters

gs3

In response to the comment about whether the location was planned or by accident, you can be assured that it was researched and the angle as well as the placement on the property was by intent.

The building has the precast going up right now and it will be applied to the east, south and north walls. The lower section on the south and north walls will have a stone veneer applied. The sample panel has been added to and is being refined right now. It should really start taking shape over the next 30 days or so. Tell us what you think.

Welcome to UrbanPlanet.org, Hubbellbubble! It is great to have another insider join the discussions. Keep in touch about anything you'd like to share. :D

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for chiming in and answering some thoughts we were throwing around! I think the building will be beautiful when completed and will say a lot about Greenville and the Upstate to 85 drivers!

Question-- are a lot of the employees moving to Greenville or planning to commute?

Thanks for chiming in and answering some thoughts we were throwing around! I think the building will be beautiful when completed and will say a lot about Greenville and the Upstate to 85 drivers!

Question-- are a lot of the employees moving to Greenville or planning to commute?

There presently a number of employees that will be commuting from areas around Spartanburg. We do have a number of employees that already live in Greenville. We have been recruiting from the Greenville area for most new open positions and have had good sucess with that.

There presently a number of employees that will be commuting from areas around Spartanburg. We do have a number of employees that already live in Greenville. We have been recruiting from the Greenville area for most new open positions and have had good sucess with that.

Hopefully most of the Spartanburg commuters will decide to move to Greenville. They would find it to be a positive change. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was by Hubble today, and I must say, the white stone siding contrast against the deep green glass is looking fantastic! :thumbsup: This building is looking much better in person than it did in the rendering (and the rendering looked great itself). If you haven't been by, you should drive by this weekend and check it out. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Coming home Saturday night I missed my connection in Atlanta, which was the last flight of the evening. Got a rental car and drove in....got into Greenville around 2:00 AM and apparently they were testing some of the lighting on the Hubbell building at night. The round section of the building had a blue-ish light, uplighting the top, and WOW.....it looked fantastic! :thumbsup: Anybody else happen to catch this? Can't wait to see the finished product!

Coming home Saturday night I missed my connection in Atlanta, which was the last flight of the evening. Got a rental car and drove in....got into Greenville around 2:00 AM and apparently they were testing some of the lighting on the Hubbell building at night. The round section of the building had a blue-ish light, uplighting the top, and WOW.....it looked fantastic! :thumbsup: Anybody else happen to catch this? Can't wait to see the finished product!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived