Did you travel over Thanksgiving?

monsoon

Did you travel over Thanksgiving (> 30 miles)  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Did you travel over Thanksgiving (> 30 miles)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How did you travel?

• Drive
    • Airplane
    • Train
    • Bus
    • Other/did not travel
  3. 3. Did you partcipate in the Black Friday Shopping Frenzy?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed home myself, however, my family always hosts my extended family's Thanksgiving party because we have the only house big enough to accommodate everyone else.

I did, however, go to Atlanta on Friday to see the Radio City Rockettes. We didn't o any shopping though (we enjoy that phenomenon called "last minute shopping", apparently)

Yep, Albany to Providence. And let me just say that it was the worst ride ever both ways. When I came home it was snowing heavily in the mountains of western Massachusetts. And driving back to Albany today there was insane traffic. I hate driving.

I did no shopping whatsoever and don't plan on doing any until Christmas Eve when most of the crowds have died down.

I went about 150 miles to my aunt's home in Lafayette,LA. Around 15 other family members were there.

I didnt participate in the shopping madness on Friday, as I will be taking advantage of the 3 tax-free shopping days Louisiana is offereing in December.

I drove home from college on Tuesday around noon, took about 4 1/2 hrs. I did not go shopping because I do not have any $. Saturday afternoon, I went up to Western Mass (northampton) with my partents to see my older brother. Today, I drove from home back to school, leaving right before ten, completing the trip in just under 4 hours (for 258 miles). There was a little bit of traffic on Tuesday toward in the last 5 miles of the trip, today there was very little so i was able to go about 20 over the limit for a good portion of the trip (75 in a 55 zone, 78/80 in a 65)..no stress what-so-ever

We drove from Charlotte to Myrtle Beach to stay with family over the holidays. (185 miles) I was quite flabberghasted to discover that several hundred thousand other people had decided to do the same thing. Myrtle Beach used to be dead after Labor Day but not it is as busy during Thanksgiving as during the summer. It has become a shopping destination as well.

Nice though. Temps were 75 on Thanksgiving.

Archived