Pictures of Little Rock

Mith242

This should make some of the others in the Arkansas forum happy. Since a number of you don't seem to bother looking at my Fayetteville pics anymore. :P Yeah I know I take a lot of pics. Although I guess this might make some of you happy for a change this time. I wasn't sure about the weather coming back. Just in case it was raining I thought I might try to take a few quick pics on the way down. Although it was dark already but it gave me a chance to try out some night pics. All of these are from the front of Alltel Arena in North Little Rock. I didn't stick around too long. It was pretty dark, they had most of the lights turned off in that area. I wasn't sure if that was a good neighborhood to be in at night so I didn't hang around too long.

img45009da.jpg

img44991zt.jpg

img44975si.jpg

img44981wa.jpg

I will have more pics later. I had planned just sticking around a little bit on my trip back to Fayetteville and I ended up wondering around for around two and a half hours. But it's going to take me a while to get them all uploaded including all my Pine Bluff pics.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for your picture-taking service to the forum, Mith.

I like that last picture the best. The new lights on top of the Metropolitan Building give it a nice nighttime look.

I'm looking forward to the Pine Bluff pictures, as well as the rest of those from Little Rock.

Thanks. To be honest it's all been a lot of fun. Not only have I gotten myself to take a closer look at my own city but other cities as well now. I spent quite a bit of my life in Pine Bluff but honestly I never bothered taking a close look at certain areas of the city. Now that I've been away for a while I have a better appreciation for some of it. But back to the night pics of Little Rock. I sorta wish I had stuck around and tried some different shutter speeds. I think lowering it a bit would have made the pics come out a little better. But as I said I wasn't sure if that was a good neighborhood to hang around at night when most of the lights were out in that area. I was already starting to attract some attention with people wondering what I was doing. :D

I do have more pics to post. But I'm doing them in chronological order basically, which means I'll be focusing on Pine Bluff for a while. I'll have to get some more ideas from everyone for future pics around Little Rock. It might not be till the spring but I'm wanting to make another trip and try to spend more time looking around Little Rock. I also wouldn't mind trying to see some of North Little Rock too. But anyway, be patient more pics will be posted eventually.

I LOVE skylines at night- especially Little Rock's. I agree with you guys; the Met Bank Bldg's new lighting is great. Awesome pics, Mith!

I don't know what the old lighting used to look like but the current one does look interesting. Hopefully I'll be able to go back and take some more pics at night. Oh yeah I have to say Google Earth turned out to be very helpful. Since Little Rock is one of the areas where you can really zoom in close here in Arkansas. I was able to get a good look and find where I should park. Which was good since it was a bit dark when I was over. I guess when I head back down to see family I'll have to head out late again and this time actually walk around some of Little Rock with a tripod in hand and try to get some more night shots in the future.

Okay before I get started here now that I've finished posting my pics of Pine Bluff I wanted to say I do plan on posting a number of pics here. After initial interest in pics I've taken in Fayetteville and then Pine Bluff interested really seemed to wane after the first groups of pics. I'd still like to post quite a few of the pics I've taken but I was wanting to know are these too many pics for most people? Should I also consider a topic with just 'highlight' pics? Maybe something like the best 15 pics of a particular city or something? It just seems that quite a few people have lost interest after the initial pics. I thought I'd ask this early before people lose interest after I start posting most of my pics.

Guess I'm not patient enough to wait for more comments. I'll go ahead and start posting pics. I'll start off around the Clinton Library since that was the area I parked at. I must say I thought the building was more interesting than I thought after looking at it more closely. It seems more interesting than just driving by it. Even if people don't particularly like the building or for that matter Clinton himself, you have to admit the library has had a huge effect on the city. Especially that part of the city. Does anyone have any info on the Choctaw Route building that's been restored right next to it? I guess I also didn't realize for some reason that the bridge that has been mentioned in other topics was that close to the library. It would be great if they eventually make it open to pedestrians and also open up a route to North Little Rock for pedestrian traffic. I'd really enjoy just parking at the library and not olny being able to walk around downtown Little Rock but also being able to walk to North Little Rock as well.

img48763lx.jpg

img48777nv.jpg

img48784er.jpg

img48795jr.jpg

img48809hv.jpg

img48812op.jpg

img48824hp.jpg

img50836qz.jpg

img50855oc.jpg

img48835tr.jpg

img48842uu.jpg

img48851zy.jpg

img48876bz.jpg

img48887vb.jpg

img48914ea.jpg

img50815dc.jpg

img48954io.jpg

img48960gv.jpg

Hopefully people will find this topic more interesting and will comment more. I'd like to find out more about the upcoming buildings that I'll be posting. Hopefully some of you central Arkansas forumers can give me some more info.

Great pictures, keep posting.

The old Choctaw Passenger Terminal, now the Clinton School of Public Service, was a Spaghetti Warehouse for a couple of years when I was a teenager. It was nicely done, with train cars and a caboose behind it also used for dining. It died on the vine, though, because nobody went to downtown Little Rock back then and the east downtown area that became the River Market area was made up of decaying warehouses with broken windows and there was no downtown residential aside from some homeless squatters by the river.

Now, that's the most prized real estate in Arkansas. It's amazing how far thing have come in a decade.

Great pictures, keep posting.

The old Choctaw Passenger Terminal, now the Clinton School of Public Service, was a Spaghetti Warehouse for a couple of years when I was a teenager. It was nicely done, with train cars and a caboose behind it also used for dining. It died on the vine, though, because nobody went to downtown Little Rock back then and the east downtown area that became the River Market area was made up of decaying warehouses with broken windows and there was no downtown residential aside from some homeless squatters by the river.

Now, that's the most prized real estate in Arkansas. It's amazing how far thing have come in a decade.

Thanks for the info. It's a great looking building, I'm glad they preserved it and didn't simply tear it down to put in a new building. This are of the city will be very interesting to see in 5-10 years.

Some more pics as I make my way over to the River Market. Once again nice to see some preserved older buildings. Also some pics of the river and across it to Alltel Arena in North Little Rock where I took my night pics. Years ago I saw a marker and the rock where the city got it's name but I didn't see it this time. Not sure if I didn't look in the right place this time.

img48978uq.jpg

img48987al.jpg

img49030by.jpg

img49046ip.jpg

img49056hc.jpg

img49060kp.jpg

img49075de.jpg

img49084ow.jpg

img49095of.jpg

Here's some more pics near the river and the amphitheater. I wish I had a better zoom and had a better pic of the old steamboat. I believe this is the same one that's been mentioned in other topics before. You can also see the trolley on the bridge going across the river.

img49116xe.jpg

img49123rc.jpg

img49156ay.jpg

img49167tb.jpg

img49176li.jpg

img49140bn.jpg

img49184xd.jpg

img49193qr.jpg

img49211wu.jpg

img49207wz.jpg

Just a few more pics for today. Some more around the River Market. Some miscellaneous buildings, not sure if they are considered in the River Market or not. There's also one of the library too.

img49322sf.jpg

img49330lm.jpg

img49342oy.jpg

img49359ay.jpg

img49364vy.jpg

img49374zh.jpg

img49380kf.jpg

img49398jg.jpg

img49403hc.jpg

That's it for today. More pics tomorrow after I get off work. Pics of the Arkansas Territorial Restoration and closer to the downtown area.

I forgot to mention this before. It's been years since I last walked around Little Rock. Back then I admit I thought it was an interesting place to visit but didn't really have much interest in living there. While I have no plan on leaving Fayetteville, I have to say I'd be much more interesting in living in Little Rock now. What I saw of the city really impressed me. I'll certainly have to try to visit there more often. On another sidenote, since there's a pic of the KATV studio, I've also been pretty impressed with the Good Morning Arkansas show that they produce. I wish we had something like that up here. Granted I'd miss most of them anyway because of work but I could at least watch on Saturdays.

These are great pictures gang. I can see a LOT of potential in the Little Rock area. It seems like a great place to settle down, and you should be proud of the city.

Thanks, also keep in mind there's more to come. I'm trying to space all the pics out a bit. The downtown area will be coming up in the day maybe two.

By the way I'm no expert on Little Rock. I'd like to say if anyone has any info on any areas in the pics please feel free to post them. I wouldn't mind learning more about Little Rock. I found the topic on some of the Little Rock neighborhoods very interesting.

These pictures are of professional quality!!!!

Amazing.

Thanks for the comments, although I wouldn't say that they're that good. I wish the weather had been a bit better. Some of my pics didn't turn out so well in part because of the dark cloudy weather that day. But I guess I can't complain too much. At least it didn't rain.

Thanks for the comments, although I wouldn't say that they're that good. I wish the weather had been a bit better. Some of my pics didn't turn out so well in part because of the dark cloudy weather that day. But I guess I can't complain too much. At least it didn't rain.

No way, don't sell yourself out. These are Great!!!!

Archived