Spartanburg's Website

Spartan

I noticed the city redesigned its website. It looks better, and it feels easier to find information. Though I hope they plan to add more graphic links and perhaps a bit more 'flare' to the site as its current color scheme is not very original. But its a good thing over all. I was just thinking this weekend how easy it is to use Greenville's website, and how Greenville has a very good and well-used color scheme which they also use through out their city on various signs and information booklets, etc. Its everywhere, it looks good, and it makes it easy to find things (like parking!). Spartanburg should adopt this idea.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No its not bad at all. In fact, I find it much more usefull. I have learned alot just by surfing the city's site last night. It has all kinda of good information.

The Spartanburg CVB is pretty good. The city's mebsite does not need to duplicate everything, but it should have some of the basic information (like it does). The only thing I would like to see added are are list of the annual festivals that are held in the city.

Spartanburg's CVB website is cool.

To me, as long as the websites that are geared mostly to outsiders is visually appealing (CVB, Chamber of Commerce), the city website doesn't have to be all that visually appealing, just user-friendly for residents. For instance, Columbia's city website is standard but the CVB webiste is cool (Chamber of Commerce website sucks though--big time). Charleston's city website is somewhat intimidating, but its CVB website is one of the coolest ANYWHERE.

While browsing through Spartanburg's "official" visitor magazine as provided by the CVB, I found it odd that I didn't see one picture of the QS/1 headquarters. I'd DEFINITELY want to showcase that if I were on the CVB staff.

The new website is an improvement. I've been critical in the past about the web services for the city and it is good to see that they are working to update. The key with this site as well as any will be maintaining/updating the information. When you look at it and can't find minutes for council meetings for most of 2005, improper links, and poor maps it's frustrating. I hope they have a staff person working to iron out the bugs. when they do, it will be a even bigger asset to the city.

Archived